My bloggy pals

Tuesday 27 October 2009

Post Card 'The love of Paris'

Well, I like this. I have the vintage bug, but not very good yet! l do love messing with the paint EP and all the bit's & bobs feels like craft lol. I am still stuck in my head when I see some projects what would you use if for? (Like some 3D projects) but then I think I like looking at them it is a form of art in a way what do you think? I used a lot of imagination here I have entitled this peice 'The love of Paris' I have been but only passed through & on holiday programs I always feel the atmosphere and I know some crafters who go to the French Markets oh what bliss, I would love to travel but money doesn't allow so I dream alot lol of far away places and about each culture and what it has to offer. So maybe I should think more of this and make some more post cards of places I would like to visit (talk about idea while you type lol) mmm
I have taken some lovely die cuts and painted over their lovely colours and made them more tatty, I have stamped and put emboss powder loose on the board and just heated it to get the feel, I loved the photo I had from the Crafty Individual (a freebie for having Craft Stamper as subscription) I have used them a few times now in sliders, inches etc here i used a versamark pen and then added the EP on the hair & lips to make it this way I really like the overall look of it and it took forever! with this kind of project for me it's what to add then when to stop as I said to me this is like art.
A better view here I think of some really nice detail
And again the stamping I did really took over but I think it didn't look too much (I trick I think I am mastering) lots of work but not to look like it, I think it just looks like it's been thrown together quickly (well I hope it does kind of) when you look at is as a whole, However, when you look at parts for a while you can see a lot of detail, I have seen this with cards too (no wonder you never want to part with them) well I know I don't some of the time. The work does become your art and you don't want to give it to some one who isn't going to appreciate it for the work & Ideas you have put into it! I hope you would like to leave a comment and have a little look around while your here if you can. Picked my grandson up yesterday so may be busy with him for a couple of days, look forward to coming back and looking at your work. Thank you for looking. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Stamps Stampin'Up 'enfrancais. Clear choice Stamp, Travel France. Chip board Lil' Daviis Des, Endless summer. Crafty Individuals,minitures people & places. Lace stash Ribbon Stash. DP K&co Journey. Emboss Powders Gold & Red Crimson, Heat it Up. Inks tea die & antique Linen, Tim Holtz. van dike brown, Vik Bantock. Gesso, Daler & Rowley. Crakle paintBrushed coudroy & tea dye, Tim Holtz.

7 comments:

brenda said...

Welcome to my world Dawn, if it were not for challenges and set quidelines (it's just as well they exist otherwise I would be sooooo boring) everything I did would by like this, I just love grung, distress and all that goes with it.

Super dupa project.

B x

cheryl said...

WOW hun this is just brilliant love getting all messy with my cards and things great design and detail too love cheryl xx

Cheryl said...

WOW gorgeous Dawn, and so much pretty detail,you have done a brilliant job!!!
Hugs xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Dawn, love all the details. Hugs Michele x

Karen said...

Gorgeous Dawn! I love all the details and the fabulous colors!!

Hugs,
Karen

Stephanie said...

You are so artistic Dawn, I wish I could be more adventurous! Hugs, Steph x

Karen said...

Dawn...how lovely! I love it!! Just wonderful! TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin