My bloggy pals

Thursday 22 July 2010

Compedium of Curiosites week 6


Hello, I am linking this to the Challenge at  Linda's  it's week 6 Linda's challenge each Monday is always from the book, Compendium of Curiosity's by Tim Holtz And this weeks CCC it's on page 66 so if you would like to follow us please have a go.


I decided to use some vintage sheet music, I added a little DI and then some PP so as to give the gilded cage look! and all this is on some lovely grunge paper. I can't help but love the smell of this ha ha. I have also used some of Tim's new DP as a back ground isn't it lush? I have been popping to his blog to see all the sneak peeks for CHA and we in UK are going to have to wait at least 12 weeks (well usually this is the case) until these goodies filter through to some UK suppliers. So many lovely new things on my list and that's just Tim's what about every one else at CHA? I need an unlimited credit card that  never have to pay back ROFL. I notice a few new followers out there, Hi ya your so welcome to stop by any time and of course comment ;0) Don't forget to pop by tomorrow  I have another post, did you know I am on  DT  at  SCD lol and it will be my 3rd week tomorrow so I do hope you stop by and join in. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Tim Holtz, Grunge Paper, Design Paper (DP) Distress Inks (DI) Ticket and clasp. Ranger Perfect Pearls (PP) Ribbon Stash. Bird stash. Card Stock Stampin Up (SU)

15 comments:

Angie said...

Love the use of the sheet music ... the whole thing works so well.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn, it's bee-you-tee-ful! I love the vintage sheet music on the little bird-- makes me wonder what tune he's whistling! You're so right-- the background paper is lush and gorgeous, and-- as always-- you're created a fab work of art for this challenge.

Honey, if you find a source for that unlimited credit card that never has to be repaid, PLEASE let me know! All these new CHA releases are too good to pass up!

Sherry said...

Dawn, it's so lush, lush, lush!!! That has to be my favourite die of all time (well, so far anyway) - love what you've done with it - and the little bird at the bottom is so cute too. Gorgeous background too.

ps, please put me on that list for that 'special' credit card too - LOL

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Dawn,
This is a gorgeous card!!! Absolutely precious--and I love the sheet music...
Wishing you a beautiful day!!!
Blessings and hugs,
Cindy

trisha too said...

Love that birdcage--I was thinking you cut that baby out all by yourself, but it's a die!

The 3-d effect is great, and the sheet music a perfect touch.

:)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Dawn! x

Netty said...

Wow Dawn, this is fabulous, just adore it. Annette x

Terry said...

Just beautiful! Love the birdcage and two birds!!!!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is wonderful Dawn. Lynne M x

donna said...

I love what you have done here. If you find that kind of credit card let me know-I need one too!

Lori said...

Beautiful piece, I just love that die cut!

Lorraine said...

like your bird cage..we are doing a bird cage swap over at UK Stampers..notice you live in Cheshire such a nice part of the country especially anywhere off the A49

Kathy Eddy said...

Birds and music, two of my favorite things. Lovely piece!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Dawn,
This is fab, this is my fave die of Tim's ;-)
Anne xx

Sarah said...

Hi Dawn, lovely to "meet" you popped over via the All Things Tim group. Love your blog. Will pop back tomorrow off to bed now. I'm in Lancashire so not too far away from you. Sarah x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin