My bloggy pals

Monday 18 February 2013

Peanuts anyone?




I save empty tins of all shapes, and they are getting in the way so I thought I would alter a couple. This is a smallish KP tin (other nuts are available lol) And I love playing with stuff as you know, so this was a good way to play with out buying anything new and getting rid  using some of my delightful paper stash. Isn't this very shabby chic style?  Some vintage lace and some yummy Prima flowers I have had for literally years. Anything Paris connected and I love to play all the more lol. So I hope you like my tin to store all sorts of stuff, from cotton wool balls to bits of make up or your sewing scissors & threads whatever you like grab a tin and get cracking lol.




Then I went all Retro, I adore this paper and I have used it many times in background shots of items as I have with the Parisian one above as well *swoons* just love all of these papers. Well, these have a real retro feel to them so I thought I would put a lovely photo of the 'Land-girls' who kept the bellies of the people going, during the war. Despite all the hardships that were going on look at the girls faces all smiling and getting on with it. I really love the philosophy of  'Keep Calm & carry  on', 'Make do & mend' etc Anyway I hope you liked my make do and mend storage tins from old peanut tins from Christmas, I love 'em. You can stuff it full with wooden spoons or other kitchen parafinalia, Just an idea anyway have a play. Love Dawn xx

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely tins. Funny, I started altering a tin with Paris motives today, too, because my 'saved' tins all fell out of the cupboard when I opened the door! Hugs,
Valerie

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Love these Dawn and fabulous idea
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Crafting Queen said...

Two super altered tins.

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

I am "nuts" over these...! :]
Simply adore your idea, very clever.
Now, the real fun... what to fill them with? Enjoy Dawn.
Take care. ~xx

** thank you so much for commenting on my last post, meant the world to me!! <3

Juls said...

wow I love these, I particularly love the Paris themed one!! Hugs Juls

PiaRom said...

What a gorgeous idea...I ran immediately in my kitchen and grab one of my cans and alter it right away...those are so delightful and my favorite is the second one with the women walking in line 1...thank you for inspirering me :) xox Conny

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin