My bloggy pals

Wednesday 26 May 2010

WOYWW 51

Are you all excited for next weeks reveal. Yes it's another WOYWW with the lovely Julia. I know I can't wait to see what you have all been creating but on to to days little peek!


As you can see not much going on! this is because of the little boy in the top left (grandson James) we haven't seen him for about a month and he has changed so much in that time. Now 18 months old he is so funny and learning about boundaries in Grandmas house ;0) He's a very quick learner lol. Onto the desk! can you see the lush new ribbon that has arrived from America. (the postage was almost as exp, as the ribbon!) I won't be doing that often but  did have to have some and I am so glad I did it's very yummy!


Thought I would give you a little peek in to another draw, this is my brad draw! and this is only the top layer!

 A little close up for you I have moved a few so you can see a wee bit more, and yet there is more underneath this! so you can see I have  few brads/gems lol now a few of you last week spotted that I was working on altering a tin.


And this is it! although I later remembered to stick the other 's' on for Bits N Bobs lol, this wasn't the easiest thing to alter having round edges etc. It was going to be a little sewing box, but after all the bit n bobs I have I thought it would get more use 


Here is the inside, which has since been filled with my new jewellery bits well I had to put them some where didn't I?  I also thought I would enter this into a challenge. Alter It Monthly (AIM) which is to use metal in some way. I have already entered once with an altered bottle cap. 

It's gone much cooler here today very cloudy and I have to get out and about with the little man before it rains. I will do my best to get round to you all later when he is having a nap (please let him have a nap!) Love to you all as always Dawn xx

30 comments:

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Dawn, or should be calling you Lady Ga Ga, love your little teacup and saucer, lol! She would love it! Great brad draw, I just want to rummage! Love your little bits and bobs box, great colours! thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe all your brads and bling. You have a ton of embellishments to play with, that's for sure.

I swear, I thought that was your child. I nearly fell over when I read "grandchild." Naw!

That tin looks very labor intensive. I love the way you decorated it, though. And that lace along the sides is the perfect addition.

BTW, that candle on your table is awesome. I bet you stamped it, too!

Mummylade said...

wow, lovely stash!!

Zuzu's Blog said...

Very pretty tin.. I bet it was hard with the rounded parts, but you seem to have gotten round it (lol sorry no pun intended)
thank you so much for joining us this month on alter it monthly
Z
x

Candace said...

Just love that tin & the lace you have used is divine

Jacqueline said...

That is a fabulous tin and I am quite jealous of your brad drawer - I would love a good rummage in there!! - Jacqueline xx.

jude said...

Goodness Dawn i thought i had alot of brads but now i know youve beaten me and dont feel so bad...lol.Your grandson looks such a cute.Have fun with him.Pop by as i have some candy on offer
love n hugs judex

Karen said...

How many brads???? You have soooo many pretty ones Dawn! Awe isn't James sweet?

oooo love your altered tin there...XXX

Stressed Stamper said...

Beautiful and wow look at all that stash - wish though I had one of those little darlings in a high chair at my craft desk

Cardarian said...

Now that was a nice snoop around the drawers - very nice stuff - love all your blinge and brads...it was also nice to see James - very cute!
Enjoy your day out and I hope James has a nap! ha, ha....
Hugs,
Cardarian

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Dawn, GS is so cute ;) Love the brad drawer. That's the problem with getting stuff from America, I think the cost of their worldwide postage went up in recent months.
Anne x

Crafting Queen said...

Love the altered tin, great job. Anesha

Pam said...

Lots of fab bling there. Your grandson is so cute. Love the tea cup. Hug Pam x

Darcy Marshall said...

oo all those embellies and bling in that drawer, would love to rummage in there. Great altered tin, I agree round corners aren't easy.

Joanna said...

Thanks for the sneaky peek! Love what you've done to the tin, and your brad drawer is a real treasure trove! Your GS is de-lish, I'm sure you'll have a lovely time with him.

xx

Foil Play said...

Your brad draw is fantastic - thanks for the visual rummage, Dawn :-) I love brads too, although I rarely manage to actually part with them and actually put them onto projects!

Love your tin, and your GS is gorgeous - enjoy your time with him!

Spyder said...

Love your box, great idea with the letters too. and I need draws...I have plastic boxes
(Lyn)

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

Hi Dawn
we've both been quiet on the crafting front. What a cute grandchild, thought you were about 20, shock , you look v young.
your bits and bobs box is fab, I love miniture cute things.
janex

Julia Dunnit said...

The first thing I noticed was thatyou drink from a cup and saucer. How frightfully civilised! And then I looked at your grandson - what a cutie. And then a green mist covered my eyes and I couldn't look at all your lovely gems n things. No fair. Love the bits and bobs tin - so glad you found another 's' - would be awful if someone thought you were keeping Bob in the tin. Or Bob's bit. Grim!

cheryl said...

oh hun gosh loveing all your stash and as for that box oh hun its totally brilliant fab work,I actially got some bargains,this week,see you inspired ,me he he hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

~*~Patty said...

Great post Dawn, your Bits N Bobs tin is wonderful. Thank you for inspiring me!
oxo

mckinkle said...

what a lovely set of packed drawers you have!

Beautiful chine cup and saucer too!

Keryn x

Terry said...

What a fun tour! I like your brad drawer!! Thank you for commenting on my blog! Great that you rescued a pet! Rescues are the best!

Anonymous said...

You definitely don't look old enough to be a grandma Dawn! Or is that an old photo! Lol! Thanks for sharing your drawers, & that cute little tin! James is rather cute too!
Alison xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW i love your stash, Granny that must be a mistake you are never a Gran!!!! He looks so sweet. Thanks for sharing with us again, Love Hazelxo

Ginger said...

You have been on a rol wiht the metal challenge this month Dawn. Thank you for taking part and this tin is very pretty.

Nicci said...

Wow, look at all those goodies in you drawer! It's great to see what on other peoples desks! X

Gillian .... said...

Hi Dawn, many thanks for joining in again with this months challenge, I like the modern retro feel to your altered tin, great work.

Lindsay Weirich said...

Maybe this wee I will do the WOYWW, I do love to see everyone else's craft spaces;) Great tin, good luck!

Margaret said...

Fab sneaky peek in your drawer, I love other peoples stuff!!
Super little tin too! great colour! Margaret

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin