My bloggy pals

Saturday 15 May 2010

It's the week end!


Hello bloggy land, how is your weekend going? Well this getting up early is going rather well I was up again before 6am this morning and all fired up. I first prepared for church tomorrow (reading scriptures praying etc) and then I found a cool tutorial for these flowers. Terri I am sure some of you know. Had made these scrummy flowers so I thought I would give it ago and do it only a little differently. First don't bother trying to punch them out (when you watch the tutorial you will know what I mean, nightmare!) this is because they are crepe flowers and they kinds stretches, so just punch some card in the size you need, than you can then fold the crepe paper like a fan and cut round your circle (SO much easier lol) Also Terri managed to find the most adorable crepe paper, no such luck for me so I improvised lol. I bought white as they only had the garish primary colours (and I did so love Terri's pastel colours) so I bought white crepe paper and used my GM, easy as that and I can have lots of colours.


Thought I would show you a wee close up (it wouldn't be a post with out one now would it lol) and the pearls were in that tin of buttons I got for a £1 at the car boot last week. Speaking of bargain's I got some crackers yesterday.


This is solid wood and a music box too. Looks like some thing used to be on the top, but that didn't bother me not when it was only £2.25 BARGAIN! I love my charity shops. I also managed to get a Scrabble game (for the tiles you know) for £2 and if you try to go on e-bay and buy just tiles you will know what a bargain that is. I managed to get some doilies too for 50p each I am not kidding I was so happy yesterday when I got my scrabble I have been looking in the 'ol' charity shops for months for that game and those doilies. Oh what else mmm, oh and so much material (because it's a wee bit worn and holey)  for just £3 I kid you know there must be about 3-4 meters of yumm quality cotton. I am going to start to make some fabric paper with this today. Oh, and there was a delivery this morning. I now have some more TH dies The bird cage, the shield and the ticket strip I am pretty happy bunny now, I have the ones I really want as I managed to get the flowers and a few others ages ago So looks like I have loads to do and it's not even 11am yet. Have a great week end. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Plain White Crepe paper. Glimmer Mist (GM) Tattered Angels. Pearls from broken necklace.

12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I haven't had a chance to see the video yet, but I love those flowers. I can see lots of uses for them. Like you, I buy only white crepe paper and color as needed.

Lucky you with your scrabble tile and doily purchases. I envy you with TH dies. I don't have a machine that accepts any of them. Looks like you have tons to keep you busy and artful over the weekend. Have a great one.

Twiglet said...

Those flowers are so pretty - hard to believe they are crepe paper! What would we crafters do without charity shops and car boots? I bought 2 fab ivory wedding veils with gorgeous trims for £3.50 last week - new with tags on!!! Not sure what I will do with them - maybe fascinators or brooches.

Gez Butterworth said...

Great flowers Dawn. Love your finds as well. Enjoy your weekend. Gez.xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous flowers. Tell me, what is GM?! Sorry to be such a dunce LOL.
Love seeing your purchases - always so amazing. Maybe it's the Gemini in me but always love that type of peek around at what people have!!! Lynne x

Joanna said...

Those flowers are just darling! And I don't know what GM stands for either so me and stampdiva can stand in the corner together with our D hats on! Well done for your charity shop finds, wonderful bargains. Thanks for the link to the stamps that you left on my blog - I'd better wait 'til pay day cos I've just seen the look on Grant's face! Have a lovely weekend xx

Joanna said...

Hi agin, Dawn. Thanks for dropping by my blog and clearing up the GM issue (ahhhh, Glimmer Mist, of course!). Thanks also for the link to the other stamps - wow, they're really nice aren't they, and relatively cheap. Tara for now Chuck. x

Annie said...

Wow you have bought some really brill buys lately. Well done you for spotting the bargains. Love the flowers.
A x

flutterbycrafter said...

The flowers are gorgeous and what bargain finds you've bought, how do you do it.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful flowers and well done at the car booty. hugs Heidi xx

PetraB said...

The flowers are gorgeous, and well done with all your buys. A great weekend to you!

cheryl said...

oh hunny love those flowers,gosh you always find such wonderful bargains,I am hoping to find a scarabble borad too as love those tiles,have a lovely sunday hun love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

gorgeous flowers Dawn, they are really super and what a find that lovely box with storage too! ;)
oxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin