My bloggy pals

Monday 27 September 2010

Service and Crafting, what a great day!

Morning every one. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, I had a super weekend filled with service and crafting, what better way to spend ones time lol. My only regret was I didn't take my camera to record the day :0( Saturday was an amazing day. I belong to the oldest/largest women's club in the world, and many of you may not of even heard of it! It's called 'Relief Society', and this club is in the 'Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints' This Saturday after much organisation we had a very successful day serving others. 

We made over 100 jiffy bags for the Armed Forces abroad. We made thirty Blankets/Quilts for the local children's hospital, plus we sent gifts to some of our oldest local members that are now in homes and a choir to sing to them. And we made almost 500 hand made cards to send to local charity shops so they could raise funds. Our motto is 'Charity never faileth' obviously we do lots of small service each week as individuals. However, a few times each year we get together to serve on a large scale all over the world and we each choose what we would like to do and then we Just do it

I am so proud to be a member of this group of wonderful women and a church that also helps others on a larger scale. Recently our Prophet  Thomas S Monson went to Pakistan to show our support to those in need “On behalf of the government of Pakistan, I would like to express our appreciation and gratitude to President (Thomas S.) Monson, to the leadership, and all the members of the flock for their contribution,” said Haqqani of the 400,000 pounds of food, blankets and relief aid shipped to Pakistan. Our church is able to do this in many disaster situations through out the world because of our members donations. If you would like to know more about our church and how we help others please visit Here to learn more. And we are also one of the world leaders in family history (you don't have to be a member to use our facilities) so again just click Here for further help.


On Saturday evening we went to a baptism, such a wonderful experience. Hubby and I were asked to do the talks and this is the card I  made to welcome our new member.


I thought I would do the inside as well . After all the blankets and cards I had made on Saturday morning (plus the box full I donated) I really  was full of the spirit of the lord. I is always wonderful to serve others and we receive such blessings when we do these things.  I later decided to make a holder and added a spiritual book mark too. I have to say I normally keep my religious feelings out of my blog as this is really a crafting blog, I hope you can forgive my excitement in sharing this with you as it really was such a wonderful day.I hope you have also had a wonderful week end and  look forward to wandering round a few blogs this week to see what you have all been up to. Love Dawn xx


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's wonderful that you are so passionate about serving the Lord & others Dawn! What a beautiful Baptism card too! God bless you!
Alison x

Crafting Queen said...

What a wonderful way to use your gifts in the service of others. Well done. Anesha :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin