My bloggy pals

Friday 10 September 2010

SCD Arch '50s'


It's Friday, woo hoo week end is upon us! and Friday always means SCD this month we are playing with arches and this week it's the 50s what a great theme by Carol Well this was so difficult for me because I love the 50s so much I didn't know what to do would it be clothes, films like Grease, hair or music and each thing I though of has so many possibilities so here is your challenge what to do?



When I was thinking about my Arch it suddenly dawned on me that a 'juke box' had the perfect arch so that's where I started. I drew the juke box then I got my copics out and had a good ol' colouring session. I used water colour paper because I really wanted some texture to the back ground. I stamped some musical notes and found some old photos of some 50s pop idols and I love all of these although I love Marilyn more for her self than any singing she did lol. I hope you enjoy this week SCD challenge do pop over and you'll find lots of varied inspiration from the DT looks like we have all enjoyed thinking about the 50s lol. Have a super week end and I hope to see your efforts. I have to say I am looking forward to the TV on Saturday the return of Merlin and Strictly, as well as X Factor. Autumn is really upon us now isn't it? Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Colouring, Copic markers. Water colour paper, Crawford & Black. Images, Computer generated.

6 comments:

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Great idea using a jukebox for inspiration. Will try and join in again this week. Loved the challenge last week :) Lynne x

Yvonne said...

Fabulous and I like the splash of colour, Dawn!

Laura said...

Great fifties icons! The top of the arch is inspired!

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Fantastic piece, love how you've used the juke box to create the arch Dawn.

Artyjen said...

So love the jukebox top to your arch....very 50's....I'm soooo late in commenting Dawn....so much to cram in before my workshop trip :) Strictly was great...as was Merlin...afraid I don't do X Factor!! Good job I don't as needed the time to make stuff LOL

Toni said...

Woo Hoo Dawn...you are more crafty then me... I also thought of a juke box, but didn't hand draw mine. I cheated and used an image off of google...But what fun this theme was!!!! love love yours, I haven't tried the Copics yet, gonna have too real soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin