My bloggy pals

Thursday 4 March 2010

Reflection


 
Well my new Craft Stamper Mag arrived Saturday, I just fell in love with one if the items  I had to try it imediatly, (refelctions) I never new you could use the brayer to this (you learn something new every day) and it worked a treat I was so happy with the result and this is my first attempt! so it must be easy I urge you to give it a go! I have had these stamps a while and I have to say after using them again I am very tempted to get some more they are so fairytail like and really take you some where else. Most are in a silhouette style so I think a brayer is a must and lots of coloured inks too! but this is a wonderful effect and I really like the reflection.

 
I really had such fun with this, (top tip) always do the reflection first! and I used momento ink for the reflection (it wipes off the brayer) and turned the card round and used stazon for the top part! before starting with stamps I got my card stock and distress inks out. I am loving Pumice (kinda grey) DI colour isn't it super? and then some Barn door  (bright red) for round the edges, notice how I didn't ink up as much  for the reflection ;0) I have covered the water area in rock candy distress stickles, they are not as twinkley as normal stickles but I love the effect for the water with this a lot.

 
After I had finished with the reflection bit I got some more stazon and inked some more stamps up close to the front of the card so it looked like foreground, it was very satisfying and fun to do so give it a go if you can.  Thank you for all your wonderful comments. Love Dawn.

Items Used:- Yim Holtz Distress inks & Stickles. Momento & Stazon ink. Stamps by Lavinia.

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, well done. ANesha

Linda Ledbetter said...

That is gorgeous, Dawn!!! You really have an eye for color combos, and your brayer work is fab!

brenda said...

Just stunning Dawn. These techniques do give you a kick don't they. And Lavinia stamps, you know I am a convert.

B x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Wow Dawn this is stunning,just love this,
Hugs Dianne xx

Dawn said...

Wow Dawn I love this, it's beautiful

hugs
Dawn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin