My bloggy pals

Tuesday 23 March 2010

Maternity Card


Hello, gosh there are some busy blogs I have looked at so many I have hardly had time to craft, I am so glad I follow you though, your all very inspiring and I love to look at your work. I have made a card for a friend at church who is pregnant with what will be her seventh child! (I know a lot of children) however, she is a fantastic mother and she has the most beautiful children, and she looks just too fantastic it's so not fair! She doesn't come on here so she will not see this card until I give it to her. I thought I may as well enter it for a few chalenges too. SSIC challenge is clean & simple, as there are no embellies etc I thought I had kept it pretty clean & simple although it was anything but simple to make lol. Sketch Saturday it as usual a fabby sketch. Lots to do (LTD) another new challenge, their theme is Spring I think this card is very Spring new baby's and all the flowers on the swing And Just Us Girls (JUG) a new challenge to me, is a colour combo of brown, green, yellow & blue. as always there are some great DT examples for inspiration so do have a look round these challenges.


Now as I said this was not a simple card to make, and this is not my first attempt lol. I used three stamps to make this image and I had to mask all the images to ink the back ground too! as WOJ are not clear it can be kinda difficult to line the swing up some times and when you get all the lining up right you have to be very cearful when masking cutting round each and every leaf so I could get the back ground just right. Saying that I am very happy with the out come and I am sure Clair will love this card. I thank you to every one for their lovely comments and constant support, and a wonderful welcome to my new followers I have been round to all your blogs and you are a teriffic bunch and very talented and a couple are so new to blog land. I am happy that you have decided to follow me, and as I have said on your blogs the people I have come across are wonderful and always happy to help if you need any. Enjoy whats left of the day. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Stamps WOJ, Card stock, inks & DP Stampin'Up! (SU) coloured with copics, SU punch & Nestiabilites die cut.

13 comments:

crafty creations said...

Hiya Dawn and a warm welcome to the Lotstodo Challenge site. Your card is beautiful and all the work you put into it has certainly paid off I'm sure your friend will treasure it xx Hilda

Debbie Dolphin said...

oh so pretty really gorgeous
love debbiexx

Liz said...

Really beautiful card

liz xx

Marion said...

Stunning card Dawn. That extra effort was certainly worth it. Your colouring is fab.
Marion

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful work you have done here Dawn that image and the flowers around her are looking perfect the colours are just great.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

OMG this is just beautiful Dawn,love the colours and background.....your friend is going to love it!!!
Hugs xx

Sue Lelli said...

Claire is one lucky girl to receive a card this BEAUTIFUL! 7 children! She derserves this card AND a medal!!!

AKiteFlier said...

What a beautiful card - I love that image - it's one area of life that I wouldn't be able to create a card for without some real thought and searching through my sentis... Sorry I’m late with my commenting – lots going on at work and home. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We appreciate your participation and support. :-) Hope to see you again on Saturday!

Laurie said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSCC this week.

Unknown said...

absolutely beautiful -- I love that image -- so sweet and pretty! You've done a magnificent job with coloring it. Thanks for making time to play along with Just Us Girls this week!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! Great job coloring that sweet image! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge!

Lisa Kind said...

Amazing job with all the masking and such! Love the image...perfect for your friend's 7th child! Oh my! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Jenny V. said...

Hi Hyde! This is a lovely card, adorable image. Great take on the sketch. TFS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin