My bloggy pals

Sunday 11 April 2010

Getting messy


Morning to you on this Beautiful Sunday in the UK, not as warm as yesterday but yummy sunny and that's ok in my book. I managed to get out and enjoy the sun yesterday, I hope your enjoying the weather where you are. Look at my flower, it's for the Art Exchange with Ginger Snap Creations (GSC) you make four to swap, and you get four back! click for more info. This is my first exchange and I have to say it was hard to get started as inspiration left me a little. Having looked, I thought it had to be about growth ,but looking again it's only the template I have to use and the rest is open so this is my little beautie I am thrilled with how it's turned out. You know how I like to get messy right?


I have been wanting to use a domino for a while, do you get like that? have so many ideas you want to try out and then hardly get round to it =) well I thought I would use this exchange as an opportunity to try out some of these ideas I have been wanting to try. You use the domino to highligh a part of the stamped image. I used some alcohol inks (same colour as the paints I have used) and then with some stazon inked the stamp and printed part of it on the domino, heat set it and now it's there for good lol.


What do you think of the glitter? well actually it's crushed glass! I am in love, I have been trying to get some since Dec. but all very expensive and only in Oz US and I could find a british supplyer until last week over at the Altered Element they have a selection of this yummy german glass glitter. Have to say this is one of my most fave on line shops at the moment, such great stuff! I won't bore you with how I created it but if you do want to know just ask!


Oh and I thought I would show you the card I was working on yesterday (see previous post for details) I told you these stamps were virsitile, just love this plate of Marie stamps so lush, and I haven't even got on to Marie her self yet! still can't get over how many stamps, 26 for £21.50 And going to do some of the Alice ones for a few challenges soon.


I love the brads by LLB (details at bottom IU) I have ordered some stamps of his too I always loved his flare & stlye on the TV deco programs lol such a character ;0) Well that's it from me today. I hope you like my creations, do leave a comment. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Deco-Ice, altered element. DP Laura Ashley. Paints & alcohol inks Adirondack. EP powder, Heat it up! Stamps, Oxford Impressions. Card Stock & Vellum SU. Flowers, MM, stash. Brad, Lawrance Lleweln-Bowen.

7 comments:

Dazie said...

Oh my goodness I love that Domino its gorgeous!!!

lovely work, I like the colours you are using at the min!
Dazie
x

cheryl said...

hu sugar plum its chezie here ha ha,this once again hun is brilliant love the stamp and the efect with the glass is brilliant,I love that website too,its brill,have a few more I email them to you as know you would love them,hugs cheryl xxx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, Dawn, GORGEOUS flower art swap!! I love that domino with the stamping, and such an elegant and beautiful background, too! Wish I were in the UK so I'd have a chance at getting it, LOL!! I've got to start working on mine :)

Anonymous said...

These are both fabulous pieces Dawn! Love your domino!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn, you've done it again, you clever girl! These are fab!

Joanna said...

Hey Dawn, I love what you've done here - particularly the domino, it looks fab! I'll have to have a go with alcohol inks and dominoes as well (bet they don't end up as cool as yours!).

Jo
x
ps I haven't received my fairy atc's from the artist trading club either........:0(

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Wonderful use of the chandelier stamp, brilliant with the domino!
oxo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin