My bloggy pals

Saturday 3 April 2010

Shabby Note Book


Hello my wonderful crafty on line companions, I hope you are having a wonderful Easter. I managed to get some play time over the last couple of days. This project was wonderful fun and will help me store my new ideas. I often wake up or can't sleep due to things spinning around in my head so I thought I would make a note book well alter a cheep Asda note book ;0). I did see a challenge some where for fabric but can't find it now doh! any way I will enter this for SCD Which is something  with a 'W' White in this case. Alphabet challenge is 'White' this week as well. The Sunday stampers their theme is 'Lace' and Simon Says is 'distressing'. must see if I can find the fabric one again lol


I started with a cheap note book from Asda, then some DP I watered some WHITE gesso down then painted the DP giving a nice distressed/shabby look. I also used the same method with some paper flowers and left them to dry over night. I liked the transfer TT so much on GSC (see previous post or GSC TT Links) I thought I would have another go with an image I am not sure where from? sorry let me know if you know and I will give credit to them. I got my machine out again for the second time this week lol and stiched the transfer to some linen tatted the edges up again and used very wabbly stiching (on purpose lol).


I popped some lace on from my stash and added some roses in a nice cluster. I also stubtly stamped over the gesso in various places butterflys & swirls (there must be some more challenges I can add this to;0) I really do hope you get chance to think about this week end what it really means to have the atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives. Be safe, love Dawn xx

Items Used:- DP K&Co Stamps SU. Flowers various. Lace, linen Stash. Tim Holtz Idea-ology ornate plate.

21 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
Your notebook is beautiful,Have a lovely Easter,
hugs Dianne xx

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn, this is so COOL!

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful piece, great use of the fabric. Happy Easter to you. Anesha :)

Carol Plume said...

What a gorgeous piece Dawn...and so useful...Thank You for joining us at SCD this week.

Happy Easter xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is realy beautiful love the lace and the distressed,feel to it,such a great design hugs cheryl x

Hege-Annie Simonsen said...

How sweet! I love that vintage image with the girl! :)

Happy Easter! Thank you for commenting in my blog :)

Blessings

Chris said...

Dawn this is fabulous!! I love vintage stuff and your notebook is just sooooo pretty!! Wow.
hugs
Chris xx

Lynn Stevens said...

Dawn, This is so pretty,you'd never guess it was a cheep notebook, looks like a million bucks to me!

Zoechaos said...

OMG your make over is amazing just mind blowing.

Dawn said...

Hiyaaaa

Dawn this is GORGEOUS, love the whole vintage feel and that image is stunning.. you rocked it again!


Hope you had a lovely easter

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Lesley said...

Beautiful notebook Dawn, thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge this week xx

Artyjen said...

Too nice to use as a notebook...should be hanging on a wall :)
xoxo

debby4000 said...

Wonderful notebook Dawn, beautiful image and fab details.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous piece of art hun,t hanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your shabby notebook is Dreamy Dawn, gorgeous!!!
oxo

Elizabeth C. said...

That image is amazing! Actually, I love all of the images on your blog - especially your header!

Dragon said...

This is a lovely notebook.I love how you have added all the detail.Thanks for your support on my blogs... I really appreciate it
Frankie
xx

Anonymous said...

A stunning vintage notebook Dawn! x

Gillian .... said...

Such a great transformation, this is so soft an delicate, great image transfer

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Okay it's like this, I have fallen in love with your notebook. Must get myself sorted to do some more image transfer as not done any for a good few weeks. Thanks for the motivation. Lynne x

Lori said...

Such a delicate piece! Just lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin