My bloggy pals

Monday 9 May 2011

Altered Post cards


Hello, gosh this post is very late today, I hope your day is going well. I have joined a swap with Trisha from the lovely French kissed. She sent me (and others) some stunning post cards at the end of March for us to alter. The title was 'April in Paris' Now if you visit you know I had to play I love French/Paris anything lol  (please put positive thoughts out there for me to go to Paris ;0) I am sorry but I have forgotten to take a before photo DER! anyway here is what I created with the cards I received.



The PCs were all vintage and black & white. It actually took me some time to actually do anything with them as they were just so beautiful as they were. But then I got to thinking about other vintage cards/photos and how they are colourised. And I thought I would use this as a theme through out. Look at these wonderful landmarks, one day I will see them for real (one day).


I made this lovely fairy from a sheet I bought from Land of nod studios . I thought she looked perfect here under the arch. I used my copics for all the colouring I am really please with the results.


The image is from crafty Individuals, aren't they just so perfect together? And the same done with the postcard back ground with the copics. After they were all finished I painted matt medium on all of them to protect them through the post as Trisha wanted us to sent them through the post just as they were. when she get' them all back she gets to keep some (she gave the post cards out) and then every one else get some back from who ever else joined in. I am looking forward to my swaps I look forward to seeing what others have done, however I am going to miss these post card I hope others will enjoy them.

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Very pretty postcards, Dawn! Hugs, Valerie

Terri said...

What a fun swap! I have not heard of this type, and I love what you did to the postcards you received.
hugs,
Terri

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Dawn
Nice work.
Wishes
Lynne

cheryl said...

oh great work hun,love these hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Daniele said...

lovin' your French gay Pris art hun....tres bon
hugs

aprilmariecole.blogspot.com said...

These are very delightful postcards... take me away to Paris!! :]
Great collage work.
Thank you for sharing. Post card swaps are fun!
oxox

Anonymous said...

Paris..(sighs) i love that place!, the postcards are so pretty, love the collage work!thanks for sharing!

Hugs June
x

craftytrog said...

These are lovely Dawn! x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin