My bloggy pals

Friday 28 January 2011

Compendium of Curiosities Challenge #29


Hello hello. Is it cold here in the NW of the UK? Yes it is! oh such a chilly today my hands were turning blue and I had leather gloves on, saying that the skies are blue and clear so I don't mind as much =) Although parts of America woke up to 10 feet of snow yesterday. So Shouldn't complain I guess. There is always some one worse off than your self isn't there?

I have been making a card for a swap I am doing (the swap isn't the card though) it's some thing else and I  have sent it on it's merry way. Having a wonderful day so far, Been up very early and also been to the Chorley/Preston Temple. Oh how I love the peace and tranquillity found there.


This card is also for Linda's challenge CCC# 29 found on page 50 so do look to your Tim book and have a go. I kinda like the effect of this, maybe I would use card stock next time as the emboss wasn't very deep on grunge and so I found the sanding part difficult (or was that just me?). But I really do like the effect. I have been trying to leave comments but not been able to for two days, what's all that about? Well I managed to leave one last night and again this morning so I assume blogger is working again. So I will pop by and make a few comments come Monday as I have just got home with my darling little grandson James so we shall be playing out this weekend (please no rain) and I'll hopefully be back Monday to play some more. Have a wonderful week end what ever you decide to do be safe and have fun. Love Dawn xx

8 comments:

Shelly Hickox said...

Oooh, I love the feminine, shabby chic look of this! Beautiful take on this technique.

Netty said...

Love how you have made weathered grunge so romantic, beautiful. Have a great weekend. Annette x

Terry said...

This is very pretty, Dawn! Have a wonderful weekend!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn! Honey, it's so great to see you! I hope you're well and staying warm and cozy. :-)

Your weathered wood grunge art is absolutely gorgeous! I love the Texture Fade you used for this piece, and the colors are so soft and vintage and lovely. The image is stunning! The Grecian beauty looks right at home on that pretty background, and the pearls and flower accessorize her brilliantly!

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hiya. I don't own this book but enjoying seeing what people create from it.
That is a gorgeous image. My type of card.
Lynne x

Daniele said...

ohhhhh so pretty know what you mean about the grunge I ran it through twice and it still didn't feel raised, lovely romantic card
though
hugs

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A beautiful card
hugs Dianne xx :)

Unknown said...

wow....beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin