My bloggy pals

Saturday 22 January 2011

My New DSLR

Hello and how are you my bloggy friends? Thank you for all the encouragement with the journaling you all made me smile. ;0)

Any way My Hubby got me a fabby gift for Christmas. It was a new camera and I love it (I'll love it more when I know how to use all the gadgets properly ha ha) Any way I hope you don't mind I thought I would share some of the photos I have been taking (Bear in mind I am only a beginner lol) and I promise some craft at the end too if you can stick with the long photo heavy post.






 Chorley/Preston Temple
 Some of the grounds at the Temple



Lola now 7 month old and getting in to lots of trouble ;0)

And now for the promised crafting.


Remember in previous posts I was talking about the small journal swap I was doing? well this is the book cover I have made with a cereal box and alot of time playing with stamps, inks and glue lol I feel a blue Peter badge is due *chuckles to self* 

As the theme was birds for the book I thought I would go bird crazy. The images are from the Graphics Fairy and came beautifully off the printer. I added some bits and bobs as you can see.
I have really tried to get the light in here. I used glimmer mists as a back ground with lots of stamps, and I had to high light the bird in places so when you look flat on it has texture and is kinda 3D if you know what I meen. I'll have more crafting to show you on Monday mean while have a great week end. Love Dawn xx

7 comments:

bockel24 said...

Wow, Dawn, your cover is SOOO beautiful! I´ve been planning to make mine when all the pages are finished and received, but now you´ve got me thinking!

Anonymous said...

Great photos Dawn, and your book cover is stunning! x

Cindy Adkins said...

WOW--this is so awesome that he got you an amazing camera for Christmas!!! And I LOVE your pictures--and your creations!!!

Happy New Year to you and your family...I hope this will be a wonderful year for you!!!
XO

Karen said...

You definitely should have a gold BP badge my lovely!!! Your covers are just amazing!

Lucky you to get a posh camera...I wouldn't know where to start & leave all that to hubby :D Beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing them with us xxx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun what a great post,the photos are just stunning,and as for your journal just first class hugs cheryl xxxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Love your book covers Dawn. GORGEOUS. Have fun with your camera..we need now pics. :)

Gez Butterworth said...

Oops.. now should say.. MORE!!

Have a great weekend.xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin