My bloggy pals

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Journals



Hello hello. Question, how do you eat an elephant Answer, one bite at a time. I have been blog hoping around for ages looking at Journaling but each time I saw one journal page it just overwhelmed me and confused me more. This is one of the things I have been promising my self to have a go at. And never got round to. Firstly because I was a bit scared of the whole thing and like, where do you start? And secondly, I really didn't know much about crafted journals period. I have long kept journals,  I try to write in them often. So when it comes to a crafting journal what do you do? Any way my problem is solved  I was on my pals Kathryn blog and wow so much stuff on there worth looking at. Any way she is asking people if they fancy having ago at making a calender journal one per month not a bad way to start to learn is it? I thought to my self and I have already started TWO journals, can you believe that.


The first is this calender journal. So I guess I am kind of saying if you ever fancied having a go at making a journal/page then just do it one step at a time, it may seem like a huge elephant but it's the same as every 1000 mile journey begins with one step. You can do this in any aspect in life not just crafting so what you waiting for? Now don't get me wrong this is no out of this world piece. But do you remember your 1st card, scrapbook LO, ATC or any thing you made, you thought yes I can do this. And now when I think or see photos of my 1st cards LOs etc I think oh my, I thought these were good when I started . However, they are a start and we can develop along the way together. This is why I love blog land, it really has positive uses, and I am happy you are all a part of it.


This is another journal I have started. This is for a SWAP I am doing with a very friendly group I have joined. These are the cutest size too. just 3 1/2 x 5 the 1/2 is so you can bind it in and I made such a cool little folder to put all the swaps in that I receive. (although I haven't finished decorating the folder yet) I have done my 1st page the theme will be BIRD  the bird image is from Graphic Fairy (There is also a link in the side bar)  Ther really have great images here do try to pop along. Each month we will get another word maybe egg or nest whatever, for the full 12 months and then when the swap is over you will have a minimum of 12 pages (as you can do more than one a month if you like) to put in the journal. I love things like this not too much pressure. I am so happy about finding this group of lovely talented people in it. Any way I digress sorry for the lengthy post today but I had to share my experience of Craft Journaling. Love Dawn xx

13 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun this is gorgoues really love what you have done here,the stamps you have used are just perfect,must pop over and take a look as also would love to start one of these this is brill hun honest,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Karen said...

WHOOO!!!! welcome to the wierd world of journalling :D I was like you at the start...soooo confused about it all!!!!! I even started this calendar last year & fell after 2 weeks but this year I am more confident so am having a go! Your January pages are lovely honey! Your swapping sounds like a fun idea too! HUGS XXX

Crafting Queen said...

Great pages, well done! Glad you are having fun with your camera.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Congrats for starting the journals, the pages look beautiful. Making is journal is something I haven't tried until today....

2amscrapper said...

wonderful projects. I love your calendar style

The coffee addicted author.... said...

I've just gotten into art journaling myself, and also found it overwhelming and confusing at first. Now that I've gotten a little more practice i've found my own stlyle. A lot of my work is not as complicated and 'crafty' as others, but just an sponateious expression about something hit me emotionally that day. I also wanted to say that I *adore* the background to your blog. Can I ask where you got it, and how ptu a custom background like this on a blog? I'm just new to the blogging thing...been doing it less than a month and started doing it because I was fed up with the restrictions of the print column I was writing. Anyway, love the page, will be trying to follow this blog:)

Terri said...

It looks like you have found just the right way to begin, congratulations! I would love to art journal too, I have dabbled, but not really focused on it like I would love to do.
Hugs,
Terri

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Dawn looks like you are off to a terrific start. Have fun & happy crafting.xx

Netty said...

Great pages Dawn and so much fun. It is so addictive once you start and you will end up with loads of art journals.........brill. Annette x

Anonymous said...

Love your calendar pages Dawn, the Alice theme is a brilliant idea. Your journal looks gorgeous too! x

fliki said...

Hi,

I`ve been here before and you responded so nicely - I liked that a lot - that`s not the only reason I keep coming back to your blog, I just like what you`re showing here.

This post is very inspireing for me. This past december I did a "december daily" for the first time - in fact I didn`t know anything about it at all. (I didn`t post all of it by now, because I just finished it today). I loved it - I had the feeling that I could stop the hectic december-time a little just by taking a picture and documenting what was speacial about the day.

Now seeing you post and thinking about keeping a tiny journal about every day makes me nosey. Yes, first it seems like an elephant, but just doing one month first and then going on month by month seems reasonable to take it step by step.

I also visited the flickr gallery and I was so amased! Wonderful journals!

Maybe I do it diverently - maybe I don`t make journal entries every day, maybe once a week - I`ll see. But I like the idea a lot.

Thank you for the inspiration!

Juls said...

stunning!!! Love your Alice themed journaling pages!! Hugs JUls

Anonymous said...

Stunning from me too! I love ♥♥♥ your Alice pages. S x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin