My bloggy pals

Thursday 31 January 2013

Altered Wooden Birds


Well it's been a while since I did any mix media, I have been concentrating on my stitching projects and still am really. So it's been a while since I got full of paint & ink and I spent most of the day doing just that. I bought these wooden birds a while ago along with some other things to alter. But I had fun with these. I gessoed them and painted them with a new paint (new to me) I have seen it alot  but they had some colours I really wanted to I bought a few at the same time I really like the coverage of these Fresco finish Chalk paint Guacamole This is the colour I used (see link)


I stamped  each side different, one side has script & the other music, then I added more paint Nougat so as not to make the stamped image too in your face. I thought to give them a little character by adding big eyes drawn on with my  Derwent coloured pencils another good thing about the matt paint easy to stamp/draw on.



Here's some close ups. I don't know what I will be doing with these as yet. I really enjoyed my play time though, I got some other things started and some journal pages prepared so it was fun all round. Any suggestions for my birds? what would you use them for? Love Dawn xx

2 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely birds. Hope you are well.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful birds! Valerie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin