My bloggy pals

Saturday 28 February 2009

Hippo Softie


So Guess what I made today? never done soft toys before. I buy a magazine called 'Sew Hip' (Feb. issue 09) there are always lots of patterns etc so I thought I would give this a go. Its not perfect, but I'm pleased with the results for a first time, it took all day, there are a lot of pieces to fit together. So it was a bit of a challenge, I can make skirts and dresses (simple ones) but this was a bit fiddlie, that's part of the fun of a challenge though isn't it. I think most of the difficulty was in the material I chose it does recommend you use cotton. So what do I do? use fleece, well I thought this would be a nice gift for my grandson James (3 month) and I used safe filling etc felt eyes are glued and sewn on(better to be safe with little ones no buttons or shaker eyes). Well you can never be too careful with a baby. I hope you like this project, why not give it a go, there are plenty of good magazines with freebies to get you started. Good luck and as always if you have any questions please feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer.



1 comment:

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Dawn
A little photo of your hippo pop up at the bottom of your latest post! Goodness, I love your hippo! I made one of these exact same ones er.... too many years ago to remember! (1980!) at school. Lovely seeing your hippo. I hope he is well loved by now. Take care. Love Gez.xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin