My bloggy pals

Friday 27 February 2009

My First Softie

So my very first softie, I love it. Even though' it looks kind of armature that is the way it is suppose to look, I will be giving this to my niece Elizabeth for Easter next month, so I have something a little different to give this year.
I do have some sewing ability so this only took a couple of hours to make, if you click on the picture you will be able to get a more detailed look. There are two types of stuffing used for this project, the usual filler and also some (uncooked) chick peas, this gives the bunny a little weight at the bottom and with the pom pom this allows for balance. This pattern is from a book I just bought yesterday called 'Softies' by Theresa Laskey ISBN 978-0-8118-5652-2
I love this book very easy to follow and also all the patterns are in the back so you can get cracking straight way. There are 25 projects and very easy to follow instructions and great photographs too, so if you have always fancied making some softies (plush toys) give this ago it was really easy and fun to do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin