My bloggy pals

Wednesday 8 July 2009

Crafty Time Away



I was invited to a craft day of FUN! I am so happy I went. We all chat on ILWS and Caz asked if we would like to have a get together, she lives in Croydon and I near Manchester so I thought it was a bit far to go. However Jeanette also nr Manchester really wanted to meet her SU family so said if I wanted to go we can split the cost FAB idea and we would have company too. So we had to make a project and have eight more so others can make one too, have it ready like a make & take (cut & all materials req.) so here is what we all brought and we had the best time. Sorry about this lay out it is upside down so go to the bottom and work your way up lol I have tried to swap the photos round but never mind you get the idea. I think this lady was called Susan, not entirely sure I am so sorry if I am getting your name wrong! I loved this project very simple to do, (so simple I got it wrong! lol) I have no defence at all! I am so happy Sue did this though it is a gift holder. Money i Tune book token etc. what a fab idea I keep thinking about cards I have seen with pockets in must have a look round and if you have done one leave me a comment would love to see it! I love this project, I have totally forgotten the ladies name she was so sweet. she had a very gentle nature. I have done something similar before but how nice to have a Christmas project too! Stampin' Up have some great Christmas stamps, but I hate thinking about Christmas as a holiday (Cards etc) before Nov. Although there are that many cards we need to make these days it may be very good advise to get started lol. I think the only thing missing was a nice wedding project lol so if you have any good wedding projects let me know I would love to pop along to your blog I so need some new fresh ideas ;-) This is Siobhan card I love this as I am useless when it comes to male cards I am so happy she did one it is a great stamp set too I may have to purchase it, I love what she has done with using an emboss folder too! lovely woman I hope you and Steph have fun (they live near one another) I need your blogs so leave a comment and I will pop on all your blogs. (can't believe I forgot!) although I should find them as we are all on ILWS so I will have to pop on again.




I am not the best at remembering names I think this is shaz's but I could be wrong! sorry if I am. I love this card and here you are getting a little sneak peak of one of a stamp set that will be arriving in Nov. Catalogue I think is is one of Four stamps a little like the tree we have for four seasons. So this is an exclusive I think the frog is such a cutie.



Jeanette and I traveled from Manchester to London if I say the trip was eventful I would be understatement lol (she knows what I mean ;-) she was a wonderful companion for the journey and it took a long time but it flew in such wonderful company a BIG THANK YOU to you Jeanette I had a blast and it was because of you. Couldn't have gone with out you.



This was Jeanette's project, isn't it wonderful? I didn't get time to finish this & brought it home isn't it a cracker? So versatile just change the papers and you can have a mothers day gift or a fathers day I love it so much.



The inside is as beautiful as the outside!
This was Steph's this woman is SO organised she had this made up for all of us and this is a complicated project this really was stick to gether and what a beautiful project, I am so grateful that Steph went to so much trouble every one loved this (I think the sweets in side helped lol)

This is what Caz made isn't it yummy! we both went baby! I so love this project. would like to make in lemon for boy or girl but I will have to buy a few stamps sets until I can make these again. I think that is one of the beauties of getting together like this we all get to meet and chat but also get to share ideas & stamps.

I had the BEST time with the most lovely ladies. as you can see there were a few of us and we all met in Croyden at Caz's (bottom right left) house. Such a lovely hostess! Thank you for allowing me to visit your beautiful home.We sat in the garden in beautiful sunshine crafting all day it was the best fun!Aren't all the ladies beautiful? they so are and it was a real pleasure to be with them ALL day. We really had a giggle. we shared so many ideas and chatted about blogs we loved and other talented ladies that inspire, I only wish I had a better memory. I should have written them down.
We all agreed to take a project each, (pretty much done all cut out ready to stick together) all you had to do was stamp & stick. You can't see very well but the vest has the matching stamp
from the card, which goes in the box, so cute! Every one loved it and also the flower! because it looked like a prima flower & matched perfectly. (this had been mentioned in previous post)I think I will show you all this as I have been asked but I will take some step by step photos with step by step instructions so watch this space! I hope you like the projects that we brought & shared with each other we all now have one of each and can create them again having made one. Please leave a comment and I will visit your blog. Love Dawn xx

5 comments:

Nicki said...

Oh WOW Dawn these are all sooooo Gorgeous! i so wish i had come with you now... im kicking myself!!! I had a fab Friday meeting up with you, Steph and Jeannette, it was lovely to meet you, and enjoyed our in depth discusssions!
Thanks for a lovley evening!
Love all the projects FAB FAB FAB
Nicki
xxx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Gosh you are a busy lady! Your projects are all amazing! I favor the round one, second from the top. That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

WOW Dawn. Well done for doing all that travelling. Looks like you had a fantastic time. What a creative bunch you all are. Fabulous creations from you all :)

Stephanie said...

It really was the best day!! Steph xxx p.s. You have Caz & Shaz the wrong way round lol

Jess's Crafty Things said...

wish I was there! you all look to be having a great time!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin