My bloggy pals

Wednesday 9 June 2010

WOYWW 53 and some sewing!

Good morning, Hasn't the weather in the UK been Awful? well it has where I live the rain didn't take a breath yesterday at all! I am up before Julia this morning, and there is blue skyes which is lovely, we wanted to go to the zoo yesterday but I was not having a good day and the weather was horrendous anyway, but looks like a good day to go but I have the hospital in the afternoon so that kibosh's that idea maybe tomorrow before the little man has to go home. Well Hubby was so tired after yesterday I managed to get up with James at 6am. This is not un-known for me as my sleep patterns are some what irregular. I have an appointment at the hospital this afternoon (more questions and tests I assume) Any way,  I haven't been round the tea cups from yesterday (haven't had time) but I will over the weekend, I love looking at them and some ladies make such an effort (they have a proper English Tea ready for your visit) so sweet. So although I haven't been blog hopping I did get time to take a photo or two this morning While James was eating his crumpets.

Now my desk! Rather empty isn't it? That is because I was too poorly or busy with Grand son to do anything. And he is now happily brayering the table sat on my knee babbling away (so cute!) so I have to hurry. Oh if you want to know more or have a look at lots of other more productive desks ha ha then pop along to Julia's

This is one of my cupboard's with lots of inner draws. Each one has different things in I really would like a better system but this is all I have at the moment unless I can get alot more shelves! So here goes (sorry it's a wee bit blurred!

This as you maybe able to tell is my 'Punch Draw' and also some  more that I have on a shelf! now you can click on these to have a good nosey most are Stampin' Up! and Marther Stewart I find them the most reliable. I am sure many of you have far more than this I also have a few nesties but they are in another draw! for another day lol.



Now over the weekend, I bought a pattern and some beautiful material I have been wanting to make a bag for ages, it had to be a simple one though! now on the pattern this didn't have a lining so I improvised and added one! I am so not the best machinist but I have created the odd garment etc so here you go! 

Shawn my middle son took this photo I managed to do some clever editing and cut all of me out of the photo ha ha I even messed with the colour a bit so I look like I have a nice tan (my arms and legs are like milk bottles ;0)  me and computers don't mix so this is a huge achievement which I am pleased with (there is hope for the old girl yet!) I said it was a simple one I made this complete from start to finish on Sunday after church. I hope you like this today and It will be a while but I hope to get round a few WOYWWers later this evening and probably over the weekend too! Now I do hope you like my sharing time and I do hope to get some thing done later this evening when little man goes to sleep (I have a list as long as your arm of things to do!) Thank you all for your get well wishes, (I get used to this it's a way of life now for me) but I thankyou for your prayers and understanding. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Pattern Simplicity 2830 BIN 10 (£3.89) Material No Not Cath Kidson but from hobby craft £10.99 a meter and the lining was (£6.99) a meter. So no it wasn't a cheap make and I don't think I could sell them and make my fortune lol but I hope the infor is helpful Dawn xx

50 comments:

jude said...

Well i honestly think that was our summer last week!lol Rain had enough rain past 2 days to last till october.Hope you get chance to go to the Zoo.Good luck at the hospital let us know how you get on.have a fab WOYWW day
hugs judex

Helen said...

Love the bag, hope your day is good!!

flutterbycrafter said...

Fantastic bag, love the material, good luck at the hospital.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful bag, love the fabric. Hope it all goes well at the hospital. Anesha :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hope you are feeling better today. That's an adorable bag. It would take me a month to figure out how to read the pattern, then another month to make the bag. Way to go.

You have SO many punches. I'm totally impressed. And I love that great "tan" on your arm. Nice altering.

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh clever you - the bag is lovely. Hope the hospital is a positive experience...at least the waiting part of it will make you yearn to be at home using your desk!

Jamie said...

Love the punches and the bag, hope all goes well at the hospital x

Lothian Crafts said...

Wow your bag looks great I love the material you have used.
Elaine

Artyjen said...

Lovely bag :) I really must think about more organised storage..perhaps than it won't take me half an hour to find the odd thing then!!!
Hope all goes well today.
xoxo Sioux

Jacqueline said...

Wow - love your bag, gorgeous material. Hope everything goes ok at the hospital - Jacqueline xx.

Dazie said...

I love that bag its gorgeous! Where did you get the pattern? I am desperate to use my new sewing machine (it frightens me a little) and have been looking for a simple pattern like this.

Work desk is fab as always and wow look at those punches!

Catch you soon!
Dazie
x

Stressed Stamper said...

Those few days of sunshine were our summer - thats it now for the UK -sorry...raining here in Yorkshire today - don't care as not at work today...Fab bag

Linby said...

Brill bag and well done on the airbrushing for the picture - very clever.
Hope all is well for the hospital.
Linbyx

Caroline said...

Best of luck with your hospital app. Gorgeous bag...x

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Great bag and hope all goes well in the hospital!

xx

Andrea - Wales, UK said...

Great bag and I hope all goes well in the Hospital!
xx

Hels Sheridan said...

Hey hun, hope that the hospital goes ok for you.. thinking of you ... loving your bag...tis divine... and.. I have a little (ok, a big fat) black n white cat on my workspace today too :O)) Hugs x

Sue said...

Hi
lovely lot of punches used mine are tidy at the mo! lol, gorgeous bag you have made, have good day, sue,x

Sew This N That said...

What a beautiful bag you have made :0)
I don't own any puches, there's just too many beautiful ones out there and I can't decide what to save up for :0)
*hugs* Heather x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Well I hope the weather stays nice where you are today Dawn, it's chucking it down here :-( Hope you're feeling a bit better today. Love the bag, pretty fabric, clever you ;-) Fab punches too
Anne xx

Mummylade said...

oh, that bag totally rocks!

Darcy Marshall said...

we had shocking rain yesterday, wanted to plant up some tomato plants but it was too wet to go out, and today is the same.

Love that collection of punches, it is one thing I would really like more of.

Great bag, I need a simple paattern for one, I was given a tea towel with a great image on it so i want to make it into a bag without losing the image into folds,pleats etc.

Tracy Evans said...

Great bag and I love that heart basket on your desk too. Hope the hospital goes o.k. Have a great Wednesday, Tracy Evans x n/

TinaB said...

Oooowwww Martha Stewart punches, love them ! xx

Twiglet said...

I love to see a bit of sewing going on - fab bag!! Good luck at the hosp.

Chrissie said...

I just love your bag, how clever!

Angie said...

Love that bag ...practical and pretty. I find that MS punches are the only ones that work for me.

Nancy said...

Lovely bag, where did you get the pattern?

I love that Owl punch too.

Thanks for sharing

KS

Annie said...

Hope all goes well at the hospital. Love your bag. Gorgeous colours.
A x

Lida said...

I am drooling over the bag, and your MS woodland punches that owl is simply adorable, the bag looks great, I wish I could sew that well!

Karen said...

Well done on making the bag Dawn. It looks perfect and do I spy Kath Kidson fabric??? X

Joanna said...

Cute ditsy bag, well done! And hey, forget fake tan, I'll just have all my photos sent to you for tanning treatment! Dawn, I saw this gorgeous cup and saucer bird feeder tutorial and thought of you (if you ever have too many gorgeous cups and saucers! Have a look, I think you'll love it too

http://capcreations.blogspot.com/2010/04/tea-cup-bird-feeder-tutorial.html

Hope all went ok at the hospital, xx

Unknown said...

LOVE the bag ... would have taken me months rather than days ... well done you!

Anonymous said...

Great bag Dawn! Hope all went well at the hospital today! x

cheryl said...

oh hun you always have so much inspiration on your blog just love your bag hun hope it goes well at the hospital,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

ooh Dawn - that bag is so fab - you should knock em out and fund your craft habit!!!

Sorry you are not feeling well, a tough time to look after a toddler too.

Hope the hospital visit answered some of your questions, lots of love and prayers.

Paula x x x

Unknown said...

the bag looks great and I love your tan...lol
I have been wondering where you have been, I have missed you....it sounds like you have been sick...I hope things are better!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely bag :-) S x

Kathryn said...

I need one of those signs "I can sew, I just don't" HA! Great side project, turned out so nice!
I'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. I must have missed a post somewhere. Hope it's not serious!!!!
You're in my thoughts!
xxoo
kat

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

great to see other overflowing drawers

Nancy said...

Thanks so much for the info on the pattern, going to hopefully find it and work on it with my textile group

KS

Cath said...

Hay your punch drawer looks like my punch box... Love the bag.

Cathx

Spyder said...

Love the bag, and of course your MS punches, *the owl's my fav!) sorry I'm late *thought I'd been but must have forgotten to press the button!!
(Lyn)

Kay said...

great bag, and well done on the photo editing too! Hope all went well at the hospital x

Joey said...

Hiya

ooooh raining here too lol, love love your bag what a gorgeous project

Joey.x

PaperArtsy said...

I could use a bag like that! Fab. Leandra

peggy aplSEEDS said...

that's a great bag! have you ever tried http://www.picnik.com/ for photo editing?

Candace said...

Cute bag, love the fabric

hugs Can x

Sid said...

Loads of good stuff there and love the bag !!

Michele said...

i'vegiven you an award, i hope you likeit. please see:
http://artfromthewell.blogspot.com/2010/06/wonderful-terry-of-httpterry2dogs.html

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin