My bloggy pals

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Tea Cup Tuesday




It's another  tea cup Tuesday TCT over with Martha and Terry these ladies each week invite us all to show our cups, china etc. However, this week I thought  I would show these beautiful coffee cups I bought. Made of pottery/porcelain I'm not at all sure. I would really like your help though as I bought them in Scarborough at a charity stall and I know there is a castle there and also one in Whitby not far a way, any way these were  a mere £2 for 6 coffee cups and darling saucers too! I loved them I immediately and I really like the way the saucers kind of hug the dainty CCs, I also thought I could make some Christmas gifts from them (see further down) my question is, do any of you know where these coffee cups are from? the initials are CC on the front.


Here is a close up of the front and this is the marking they have on the bottom of each cup & saucer does any one recognise them? They are in perfect condition not at all worn and still in the original box (although only the B mark on the box not where they are from)

Any way hope you can help out with finding out where this lovely set came from. Now I said I wanted to make some gifts out of them didn't I? To be honest I don't know if  want to part with them ;0) However, just in case I do I made one gift to see what it looked like.


Here it is! I have used my melt pot to melt some old Christmas candles that have glitter in and smell of cinnamon and other Christmas spices, as I have six I thought I would try one out, I will of course also make a gift box for it and perhaps put some Christmas tinsel in with it. I try not to  mention Christmas on my blog until November but this is getting more difficult, if I am going to make these  do have to think a head lol. So please do go and visit all the other tea cups and if you do happen to know where this lovely set is from I would be ever so grateful if you left me a message. Love Dawn xx

21 comments:

Karen said...

Aren't these a darling little set!!!! I can only think that maybe they were a wedding present or suchlike as they were monogrammed & in a box Dawn. XXX

~*~Patty S said...

Those are lovely cups, you are such a good treasure seeker and I almost smell the cinnamon ... ymmm ... so clever. Maybe "CC" stands for "crafty cat" ... ok I just woke up and am still asleep here in Virginia ;)
oxo

Lynne Moncrieff said...

You could do so many things with those. Have you tried the candle wax in the shape of beads - they are really attractive. An excellent purchase and you will have to much fun making Christmas gifts this year. TFS as always. Lynne x

Terry said...

Darling little cups! You might want to do a search on eBay for details. Have fun!

Virginia said...

Those are lovely cups, they would make beautiful gifts….
Sweet Blessings,
Virginia

Anonymous said...

THANKS for coming by to see my camper teapots & let me say that I'm thrilled to meet you! My ancestors came from Cornwall and Somerset, so it was fun to hear about your camping trips there!
YOUR Teacup Tuesday coffee mugs are really georgeous! What a deal you got on them!
I'm going to follow your blog to keep in touch!
AND, I think we're going camping the last week of July...fingers crossed!
Hugs,
Jan

It's me said...

Thanks...for visiting my blog.....your blog is also wonderful !! nice to see this ......and you have two blogs.......cool......happy evening.............hugs from me....Ria...

Pellie / Penny said...

Lovely coffee cups. And your candle is enchanting.
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Penny

Snap said...

What a wonderful find! I love the coffee cups and I think using one as a candle is clever! Happy TCT!!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Love what you did with the tea cup!

Cheryl Walker said...

Love the tea cups you got hun, they are sooo pretty!! I too love putting candles in tea cups they look sooo sweet, and smell good too :)

These will make perfect gifts! I was try'n to do a look up for markings on the cups, but couldnt find that marking. You can google it tooo, its a long process unless you know someone that knows that brand :)

Goodluck hun!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Netty said...

Whatever make they are, they are gorgeous, wouldn't be able to part with them myself, so you are a brave lady. Annette x

Terri said...

Beautiful cups! And I can't believe the bargain you got! Lucky you : )
I don't know anything though about where they could have come from, so sorry. Thank you so much for sharing with us today.
Hugs,
Terri

2amscrapper said...

lovely

KathyB. said...

I often take old and mismatched cups and saucers and make many different things from them. This is a good idea too~ great bargain and I hope you find an answer to your question!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Dawn: Great cups. They would make great gifts too. Thank so much for sharing them with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Dawn: Me again. I just read your comment on by post. Thank you for being so sweet to me. If you send me your mailing address, I will send you one of those tea cups, just to remember me by! My email is on my blog. Thank you for blessing me. Martha

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a lovely set of cups and saucers. Looks like you got a great deal, too. What a nice gift they will make in the event you decide to make candles.

Crafting Queen said...

Thanks Dawn, just trying to use up some old photos! :)

LollyChops said...

What a lovely set! I love how the saucer hugs the cup too!

Dazie said...

They are gorgeous! I love that you have done with the candle too!

Thanks for the email I finally found you again lol

Catch you soon
dazie
x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin