My bloggy pals

Friday 3 September 2010

SCD Arches 'Lace'


This is a special day for me in the SCD DT stakes lol, It's September which makes it a NEW month and this month we are having 'Arches' and I get first pick which is 'Lace'. I know you all have some bits 'n' bobs of lace hanging around. I have used three different types on mine but as long as there is some lace on your arch that's all we ask, so you are free to do any thing you like, isn't that cool? You simply have to go to the Something Completely Different blog there are some fantastic DT arches all to inspire you to play. And with out you we would be playing on our own and that's not half as much fun.


Here's my obligatory close up ;0). I have really enjoyed making this. I love vintage style and lace. I had been thinking about the armed forces and the many letters our boys & girls receive. At the moment our church are all getting little packs together to send to the armed forces and this got me to thinking about all those mum's, dad's, wives, husbands, etc waiting for the next letter or watching the news it must be so difficult. So my particular love to all of you who are in this situation at this time. And with this in mind I have named this arch 'Armed Forces Air Mail'

So how was this made? I took a standard size tag and rounded the top (loosing the hole at the top). I then added some DP and some DIs then stamped some script and butterfly's. I added a strip of lace from top to bottom distressing with ink then I added this beautiful image, to which I added some glass glitter very vintage looking. (oh a little tip for you if you buy the clear glass glitter you can take small amounts and colour to your taste thus ensuring it matches with the inks you are using) I am sure you know this but that's my little tip ;0). Next add more lace to the bottom and top of the arch, yet more glass glitter and then some sweet pearls to finish. Oh and another stamp across the image at the top. I do hope you get to join in with the DT team over at SCD we would love to see what you come up with, Oh and I thought I would put this is a new challenge blog (well new to me ;0) I have found it's called Lot's to do, they are looking for insects or butterfly's and both of them are included in my back ground, I have both butterfly's & bees. I do hope you have a great week end. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Stamps, Script SU. and all others Prima. Design Papers (DPs) & Distress Inks (DIs) Tim Holtz. Image, Crafty Individuals. Glass glitter, Deco Ice. Pearls, Papermania. Lace, stash.

16 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

This is a beautiful piece Dawn. Sorry not been around much, just been so busy. Love your little kitten, hope they are all getting on. Thanks for the heads up on the CS must get a copy. Hugs Anesha

Carol Plume said...

gorgeous Arch Dawn - great first theme and write up too!

Take care xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Simply gorgeous Dawn and I will definitely make an effort to join in as much as possible this month - hey you are my Swap Buddy after all LOL. Lynne x

trisha too said...

This is gorgeous--love how rich it feels, all the texture with the lace and such.

:)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Hi Dawn...your tag is so pretty..I love victorian and lace too!
Rene

Sue aka Greyhound Lover said...

Well done Dawn on your first write up and choice.

Beautiful work as always, your arch looks so delicate and victorian.

Artyjen said...

Thanks for your fab first theme Dawn....:) Your arch is so pretty love the added extra bits and bobs...I think everyone will like this lace theme...even if, like me, you go off on a very stange tangent!!! HOL
xoxo Sioux

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your arch is really fantastic, wonderful lace and beautiful image. Love it.

Zoechaos said...

Great Arch and fab theme thank you going to have fun with this. So pleased you found us at LTD and have shared this with us there. Hope we see you again soon, think you'll like some of our themes like we do yours LOL xx Zoe

2amscrapper said...

Beautiful!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow - love, love, love it! The lace is beautiful, and that image with the bit of stamping and the glass glitter is gorgeous. Beautiful piece!

mommabear said...

Fab work it looks so rich
Thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week xxx Alison

Jaqi said...

What a beautiful tag, the lace is simply delicious

crafty creations said...

beautiful tag and such a gorgeous image thanks for sharing your fabulous work with the Lotosodo Challenge x Hilda

Amy said...

your trimmings are so detailed and rich..very vintage and lovely

Nan said...

Gorgeous arch...love how you rounded a tag to make it...so luxurious looking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin