My bloggy pals

Friday 25 September 2009

Matthew my baby's 16th BD card

Isn't he yummy he is over 6ft and head boy (I may have mentioned this before lol) I am so proud of him so we are taking him shopping tomorrow, boys always need clothes so think we will be in top man for an hour or so (he is worse than a woman lol) picking what we will be paying for lol. I know he will really appreciate this shopping spree, he is also letting me know just how expensive prom night will be this year! about £200 for a suit and about £80 for shoes, I suppose at times like these I am glad I had three boys! A friend of mine last year spent more than this on a dress alone! so I am getting off lightly so I am told, mmm I will have to spend less on stash from January, the sacrifices we make for our children.
Well It's my baby boy's birthday on Monday he will be sweet sixteen, and this is his card. He was on some work experience recently with the army for a whole week away from home he loved it! (as did me and hubby and the fridge was especially pleased lol) he has wanted to be an engineer for years (loves cars) his second weeks work exp. was in a garage with lots of cars like Ferrari, Mustang etc. he was truly in his element, so he has decided to let the army pay for his uni degree and earn a wage at the same time lol so he hoping to got off to Wellbeck next year. I wish I had that many plans when I was his age lol I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! lol
So for this card I thought about music which is SO important to any teenager and his new found love for the army! and combined them to make this card. I love stamping as you may have guessed from my cards lol so I stamped the guitar with versamark and clear emboss powder on to black card stock sprayed with Glimmer Mists (GM) I also sprayed the grunge board with GMs too so they come together. I have drawn the camouflage my self.
My hubby used to get some rock magazines and there was some free plectrums on the front so they went into my stash! lol I sponged round the edges to soften the edges.
Like this close up as you can see quite a bit of detail. Thank you so much for looking and all you good wishes for my entry in SS DT competition if you haven't seen my entry it's below this post have a nosey let me know what you think. Thanx for looking as always. Love Dawn xx
I suppose we have to get on to Items Used: Tim Holtz grunge board, Buttons crafty time, DP Bo Bunny, Card Stock Bazzil & Stampin' Up!(SU) Stamped image papermainia, stamp inside sentiment Inca Inks SU Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists, Plectrum FREE, Emboss Powder (clear) versamark, thread from sewing box.

6 comments:

cheryl said...

hi sweetie he is very handsome your boy and no wonder you are so proud of him he seems so clear in what he wants to do with his life which is brilliant in this uncertain climate,love the card you have made him hun sweet 16 oh i wish my next one is the big 50 yuck and its only few weeks away too,wish you son a happy birthday from me hugs cheryl xxxx

Sandra said...

Hope your son enjoys his birthday! What a great card you have created for him. I'm sure he will treasure it.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my final Sketch Saturday DT card. I can't remember where I bought that stamp set ... but I've had a little 'google' and you can buy them at Sharon Duncan's online shop.
Thanks again, Sandra

Lainee said...

Lovely card, Dawn.
Fancy calling your own son yummy! Have fun shopping.

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love the distressed look. Hugs Anesha

Anonymous said...

Great card and what a handsome young man you have :)

Louise said...

love this card it is so hard to make cards for lads but this is fab.
louise xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin