My bloggy pals

Sunday 1 August 2010

Compedium of Curiosites week 7


I hope your all having a fabby weekend. Oh I had fun making this. It's for Linda's Challenge 7  tinted vision fragments. On page 55 I didn't have any fragments so I have improvised with this gorgeous eye glass.


Here's a close up. Very simple to make actually.  Some Stamp board then distress inks and then a darker colour for the french script stamp a few pearls and a wee bit of ribbon and all other details are in Tim Holts latest book Compendium of Curiosites. The image is just wonderful and I really went for the vintage look on this twinchie, sorry I wasn't round much last week but I hope to put a change to that this week I already have a few projects on the go so pop back soon. 
 

Oh I just had to share this little buy with you, what do you think? I fell in love with it at this antique place we goto every so often. Hubby wants to restore it,  can't blame him actually it's in really good working order just a bit rusty. It brought back lots of memories back for him ;0) However, I have other plans for it. Can you guess? I am sure you can, I have seen old fashiond bikes painted and made in to a garden feacher. I want to put this in the front garden, it's very small but it has a beautiful cherry tree in it which  planted when we moved in eleven yrs ago so it's getting kind big ha ha but great cherrys every year. I'm waffeling again ;0) I wanted to ask for suggestions actually, my front door is red so 
  1. first do I paint it at all?
  2. if I do paint it what colour?
We were in Chester not long ago and I saw some bright yellow, they looked amazing, but I am stuck as to what to do now. I want to add a basket and pop some yummy flowers in. Hubby is ok with it as a garden feacher bless him. So what do I do? let me know your thoughts. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Image, Crafty Individuals. Distress inks, Ranger. Eye Glass, Altered Element. Pearls, Papaermania. Stamp, Stampin up. Ribbon, stash.

4 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn, your tinted fragment is GORGEOUS, and what a clever substitute you found! I love those old eyeglass lenses, and this really made a great work of art!

Cool bike! If it were me, I'd probably paint it to match the red door, and then maybe distress it a little for an antique look. Whatever you do, I'm looking forward to the photos! ♥

Girlsinthecraft said...

Love the vintagey feel of this---just lovely.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

So gorgeous. Lynne M x

Lynn Stevens said...

oh I missed this one! I LOVE it and so creative to use a lense!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin