My bloggy pals

Saturday 3 March 2012

Altered pocket watch


I have had these Pocket watches for some time and I finally decided to use the last two I had left. These Art Parts (I think they're called) are jolly good fun to play with ;0) There is an old necklace and bracelet taken apart to add interest and I am really pleased with the way the colours all turned out.


Here's a lovely close up ;0) Of course You know I have a love for TH but not just him. I have found some lovely bits n bobs around. Shame though,  the shop that I used to use (The Altered Element) is no more. Where do you find all these lovely things like fountain pen nibs and brass keys bottle tops etc Do let me know if you have a supplier of the unusual ;0)


I couldn't get 'The cat in the Hat out of my head after making the tag the other day, so I had to have a play lol and this is what I came up with ;0)


I am going to stick findings to these to make broaches, although I have a feeling my son Shawn (now at Uni in London) with have this one and pop a chain on it. He's just daft enough to wear it lol. I would like to join in with Simon Says Stamp & Show they want you to play with Ideology and of course stamp My top Pocket watch qualify's beautifully, you also have time to join in if you wish. The DT have given some wonderful inspiration. And not to forget Studio3 the lovely Linda who encourages us to have some wearble art this week please pop along to Tim and check out new ideas as well. Hope you have a wonderful day. Love Dawn xx

13 comments:

PetraB said...

They are both so awesome, my favourite being the cat in the hat (lol).

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely work Dawn! Valerie

Daniele said...

lovely pieces of art Dawn
hugs

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
Both are gorgeous and awsome ,have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Crafting Queen said...

Two great creations, really like the first one. :)

Karen said...

oooo go Shawn!!!!! These are really lovely Dawn, I like the nibs on the top one xxx

Anonymous said...

They're both fabulous Dawn! xox

Candy C said...

Your altered pocket watches are way cool! I love them both. Your Cat in the Hat one is such a wonderful tribute to Dr. Seuss! Your first one is really beautiful! I love the cameo and all of the Ideaology pieces you've used to create such a lovely piece! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous pocket watches, love your cameo in the first one which is also beautifully embellished. My daughter would love the Cat in The Hat one, great idea. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

How cool.

Hettie said...

Absolutely gorgeous Dawn and very wearable as well as the pieces in the posting above - no they are not too big if you wear them with a nice plain jumper!
I see we both like You Got Mail! Love that film! Thanks for visiting so I could see your stuff!

Lynn Stevens said...

Very creative Dawn, I adore the first one!
hugs Lynn

Gez Butterworth said...

Fantastic creations Dawn. I hope you are well.xx I've had a lovely catch up with your beautiful creations. Have fun. Gez.xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin