My bloggy pals

Saturday 7 November 2009

London in a box

I love London (in small doses ha ha) the shows, sights and museums are wonderful It's been a while since I have been though. I was looking through some of my craft stamper magazines and saw a project, I thought at the time I would love to do something like this with a London theme so a bit of work and recycling and look what we have?


The box is a herb box I'm not using any more as I have a Huge (half barrel) pot outside with my herbs in this used to sit on the windowsill in the kitchen. Don't ask me what I am going to do with it now it's finished though lol. All the stamps used are from Crafty Individuals they are super! love the flourish. I stamped this onto SU card stock and then cut it out one SU Real Red ink and the other I embossed with versamark and then lots of gold EP loving the effect.


I bought a set of buttons (craftime) and they had a London theme so the bus, stamp & solder you can see. Made me think of my remembrance card I made for the Mojo Monday challenge (looks like no one has seen it I used new stamps too!) because of all the red.


I got the acrylic paints out lol love messing I didn't want it to be tidy I wanted a kind of distressed look to it, the box is covered in gesso. The flags are ribbon, I bought some American flags too you never know they may come in handy lol I have had the big bus ages from a local craft shop two for a £1 I think any way I have none left lol.

I hope you like this 3D project haven't been looking much round blog land so don't know if it would fit a challenge or not. So another project just done because! lol I won't give a lit of items as I have covered this in the body of the post. Thank you for looking. Love Dawn xx

4 comments:

cheryl said...

hi hun gosh you have done a briliant job with this loving it that bus and all the detail even the Eye is first class love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Dawn this is wonderful. Must have taken you ages to make. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog. Not had a great deal of time to visit blogs this week. Have a great weekend. Anesha :-)

Elizabeth said...

Really creative project Dawn - what a work of art. Love it!

Cheryl said...

This is fabulous,love all your detail....you must of had so much fun making it!!!
Hugs xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin