My bloggy pals

Monday 22 February 2010

Card Challenge

Hello, is any one else excited about Tim Holtz on QVC? not a channel I usually watch but I will be there tonight trying to get my ink stained fingers on some of Tim's New stuff, SO excited.

On to my card. Magnolia this week are doing a sketch fabby prize of two stamps, and as usual fab DT eforts. Basic Grey this week is a colour challenge, MARROON, LEMON & PINK, not one I would go for normally but I hope you think it works well on the card.

I think we all love Magnolia stamps, this is an image a lovely friend sent me, thanx Cheryl. you are such a sweetie and a lovely friend xx. I have ordered a one or two magnolia stamps last week I can't remember, infact I orderd lots last week and so this week will be like Christmas (oops!) well if I don't feel too guilty I'll take a photo ;0) I have coloured her with copics, I do feel I am getting better at this too! I don't know why but I find black hair really difficult some times and others just fine (who knows why?)

Isn't this charm just lovely? quite weighty too! I hand wrote the sentiment. Mothers day and my Mum's birthday are so close together, I don't like to do her out of a card (smiles). I have also done a few Easter note cards getting ready for the best time of the year .I love Easter as much as Christmas if not more it's a truly wonderful time to remember why we are here and of the greatest gift ever given (the Atonement) more of this closer the time ;0) Thank you for looking, and all your lovely comments, they keep me coming back to blog land and showing my efforts. Love Dawn xx

Items Used: Card Stock, SU. DP, Basic Grey. Charm, Bunny Zoe crafts. Ribbon Papermainia. Gems stash Punches, SU & MS/ Ink DI.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

OH HUN you have done a brilliant job with coluring tilda in hun and the hair looks great know what you mean about black hair but you have done fab job hun oh cant wait for tongiht did you know you can already get your hands on his new inks they are £20 for 6 and he has his re inkers on there too as come midnihgt they will all go I should know as his last visit everything sold out in half an hour I watch qvc every tuesday 2 till 4 with dawn she is brill get some great things of there too take care hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

brenda said...

Oh yes Dawn, I will be soaking up a bit of Tim. Had him on to record last night so will be catching up with him later.

I love the colours of this card, the yellow and burgandy so compliment each other.

B x

Mina said...

beautiful card Dawn, I love those papers...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Marcea said...

Such a sweet card and I just really love this image and colours you have used. Great use of the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us on JM this week, hope to see you again next week
-x-

Chris said...

Hi Dawn! Hope you're well sweetie and I'm so glad you joined us at BG challenges. Love your card and the image is so sweet and so beautifully coloured. All the little details are really gorgeous, all so pretty. Hope you have a good weekend. Chris xx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin