My bloggy pals

Saturday 13 June 2009

Magnolia wk 9

The Magnolia Challenge this week is paper piecing. Now two new things here the challenge and Magnolia it's self I only have one lonely magnolia stamp & she was a gift from my lovely friend Helene from Sweden (Org Dutch) any way she is just the most lovely friend, Hi Helene Kramar (Hugs in Swedish). Oh you will pick up all sorts on this blog lol even a new language he he. And I have never done paper piecing before either so a real challenge to get ones teeth into.

I have seen 'Paper Piecing' before in fact there was a big spread in a magazine I have and I'm sure it was magnolia stamps they used so this was a nice reminder to have a go and a fab way to use up lots of little pieces of scrap! Items Used:DP all Stampin' Up! (SU) So Saffron, Summer Picnic, Washington Apple & Junior Varsity. Card Stock SU Whisper White & Very Vanilla. Inks SU So Saffron, Certain Celery, Bashful Blue & Black Stazon. Ribbon, SU Whisper White. Brad SU from the Pretties Kit. Embossing Powder clear. Stamp Set SU Oval All. Tools used: SU blender Pen, SUSnail glue SU scissors, SU Punches, Large Oval & Scallop Oval, Heat Gun & SU Aqua pen. Phew that is please leave a comment & I will pop round to your blog Love Dawn xx

8 comments:

jajeem said...

Hi Dawn,

Kramar is Hugs in Swedish. In Dutch it is even worse Knuffel :-)

I soooo liked your Magnolia Tilda!

Naoual said...

Beautiful card, I love the papers and colours you used and the paper piecing looks fab!!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Aunty Sue said...

Hi dawn how are you love your card and paper piece-ng seems to be very popular at the moment. Got to have good fingers for the small bits. Love your card. Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Dawn love the colours and paper piecing is new to me so I have been studying the cards extra close for clues as what to do. Love the image Tilda is my number one love in stamps and you have coloured her wonderfully well. If you would like any stamped images of Tilda I can do some for you I have rather a large collection lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card, great paper piecing. hugs rachxx

debbies said...

You did a great job on this challenge!!!!

Anonymous said...

another stunner :)

cats whiskers said...

What a lovely card and fab Tilda Image, great paper piecing as well, thanks for joining JM this week
Hugs Jacqui x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin