My bloggy pals

Friday 19 March 2010

Just a few things to share.


Hello all, I hope this day finds you well, and thank you for stopping by today. This is a gift from my lovely blog buddy Gail she has a wonderful talent don't you think? and it's so much better IRL. Thank you Gail it's YUMMY!!! you can click on Gail's name to be lead to her blog she is a very talented and versitile artist.

Look at my latest little finds. Tea spoon from e-bay 99p keys from a key maker (but what a deal I got for eight beautiful keys I can age my self) The tiny hip flast (I don't drink) but when I saw this it was so tacktile and only 80p how could I leave it in the charity shop? and finally my star buy enamel pocket watch faces.


I had to show you these little beauties close up. I Love them. £10 for 5 may sound a wee bit expensive (and I thought long and hard about buying them) but when you think we pay about £1 for replicas to craft with, £2 each doesn't sound to bad and they are from genuine pocket watches  & Enamel I love them (shame to use them really ;0)




 
What do you think of these quick little makes? Alice is all the rage at the moment so I thought I would make some and perhaps give them to the kids at church (they can use them for book marks) will have to make some more first though (can't leave any one out lol).


And finally, but by no meens least. A tag. Remember me having no male stamps, well that has been rectified ;0) The peace with the key on is a domino (some of which are in my crafty give away for you to alter how you would like) I have used an old rusty key with the word Italy on and stuck this to my domino, that has had alcohol ink in three colours put on. This has then been glued on to a Label/tag which has been distressed and stamped in various inks and some fibers put on for good measure. I haven't given this a  title as I am not altogether please with the finished product, but I feel I should show some of the mistakes as well as the items I make that I am more happy with. Well it was fun to make even if it's not how I would of liked the finished item ;-\. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Stamps Paper Atrsy,TJ Designs, Tim Holts stampers anonymous. Copic markers, Alcohol inks, Paper clips (giant) stash. DP & Card stock SU. Label/tag stash. Domino, Stash.

10 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow Lucky you recieving such a fab gift!
Look at all your fabulous find's too! and your quick makes are beautiful!

Dazie said...

Lucky you love that gift!

Great finds too, cant wait to see what you do with them!

Your tag is gorgeous!
Dazie
x

cheryl said...

wow great finds hun and love all the makes too so creative hugs cheryl xxxxx

Crafting Queen said...

You have been busy!lol Great bookmarks and tag. Lovely piece you got. Have a great evening. Anesha

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely gorgeous creations Dawn. Thanks for sharing them with us. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Gez.xx

Lesley said...

Lots of lovely finds there Dawn, and great works too xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

The rusty key is the perfect adorment (get it!!!) for the tag. Makes it so authentic looking. Your e-bay finds are amazing. Never bought from e-bay .... yet. Lynne x

trisha too said...

What a great gift--thing ARE so much better IRL, aren't they? All your find are so much fun, there's no way you could leave any of them, and I love all your makes, too--especially the little Alices.

She's always been "in," hasn't she?

:)

Isabelle Norris said...

Beautiful work! LOVE the arch
isa

Olga said...

Gorgeous creations, Dawn! I like your works!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin