My bloggy pals

Sunday 7 March 2010

Magnolia special monthly challenge!

 
Firstly can I say a big hello to my new followers so nice to have you join my crafty journey. Do you like it? I thought I would have a go at the special monthly challenge over at Just Magnolia and it's to follow Dena's TENT card, not come across this before so though, "in for a penny in for a pound" I'll have a go,  I seem to be trying lots of new things out so why not this lol.
There are quite a few photos of this card so I thought I would shrink them a wee bit. There is so much detail I just had to take a few more photos than usual Hope you don't mind! Can you see the chip board flowers in the back? They took ages lol I got some of Tim's alcohol inks and got cracking. Then some of his stamps and some stazon on and there you go chip board flowers, I was going to save them for the front of a card, then thought what the hell lets splurge and but them in this back ground lol.



You can goto to the blog with the above link for the tutorial of how to make the card, it's  very simple when you know how ;0) so I made a size that would fit the envelopes I had lol 5x5 it's very easy to adjust so why not have a go?





Aren't these butterflus yummy? They are cut out of Craftly Individuals (CI) DP I have seen a lot of butterflys floating around, must be the time of year. I would like to get some feather ones so I will have to keep my eyes peeled. Do let me know if you find any thing?
 
Here she is making another appearence (the one of the two Magnolias I own) I am having to stop the crafty spending for a wee while, went a bit daft last month lol but I think I will be getting some of the Easter ones of these Magnolias they are just too adorable.
  
Love these Tickets more versitile than I thought really. More butterflys, and some distress stickles to add to the colour of the card. I wasn't going to get the DS but I am glad I did now. I have used them loads already! Well I hoped you like the card pop along to have a look at the DT they are very good as I am sure you know. I am off to get all grungy now and make something messy! Thank you for following and commenting they give me more enthusiasum for making stuff, I really appreciate the comments you leave ( I wish this had a spell checker I am sure I have miss spelt some words any way can't be perfect lol Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Alcohol Inks, Distrss Stickles, Card stock Stampin' Up! DP, Crafty Individuals.  Chip board Flowers, Janet's crafts. Chain & Jump ring Zoe Bunny Crafts. Stamps Tim Holts Y Crafty Indviduals. Brads, e-bay. Ticket Tim Holtz. think thats every thing let me know if you need any more information.




7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Fab card, love it. Anesha

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card Dawn!

xoxox

Dawn said...

Wow Dawn this is a gorgeous little scen, stunning work!!

Hugs
Dawn

P.s My little image came printed, it's from Lilli of the Valley but you can get a stamp I think..

Marion said...

Absolutely stunning card. Fabulous background and love all those butterflies flitting around.
Marion

Dena said...

Dawn, you card is gorgeous! Those purples are just so pretty with the butterflies and I really love that fun ticket!!!
I hope you had fun making the tent card! THanks for joining Just Magnolia!
Hugs, Dena

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous!! Love the image and papers you used and such pretty colours as well. Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week, hugs, Dawny xxx

Jane said...

Such a gorgeous card Dawn! Beautiful colours and details and I love your butterflies! thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia, hugs, Jane xxx

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin