My bloggy pals

Friday 18 June 2010

Fathers Day card


Hello Newbie followers it seams every time I come to post I have new followers (HOW COOL IS THAT?) I am so thrilled you think it's worth popping by time after time (especially as it's been a little sad here of late, we'll say no more on that subject, still getting used to the fact she isn't here any more) and still you are joining my journey I am totally surprised every time some one becomes a follower, like people find what I do interesting is really so cool. I am so grateful for all of you, thank you. Well it's Friday evening and the cricket's on and then the England match later (I'm not  complaining) he only ever watches FB when the world cup is on and even then usually only the England matches, nope my hubby is more a rugby/cricket fan and I can so live with that! So, here I am, guilt free at the crafty table in my kitchen (craft room) ha ha Having made my darling hubby a card from his grand son for Fathers day (already done one from his sons) I may just stick my name on this one too lol. 

There are a couple of challenges I would like to enter this card into as well. There is the lovely Hels who would like us to think of numbers this week over at the Sunday Stamper and a prize too! so pop over. And the wonderful Stampin' Sisters in Christ would like a male/fathers day card. Do pop to these wonderful challenges if you can, there is some super talent and love waiting for you at both these challenges.


And it wouldn't be a post from me with out a close up now would it? lol This is a very simple card (and Quick! if you have forgot or if yr short on time) I have used some wonderful male DP and distressed the edges. A little stamping and a few little bits added and done! I hope you like this little offering. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Card Stock, Stampin' Up! (SU) Design Paper (DP) Graphic45. Inks,  Stayzon, Distress inks Tim Holtz, Ranger. Ribbon (tape measure) ? Stamps, Paper Artsy. Ticket, Tim Holtz.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn

Its SJ from Little musings - I can't find an email button on your blog - can you contact me at sarahjane@scrappyfairy.co.uk

xxxxxxxx

Joanna said...

Love the card, Dawn (cor, your family have it cushy with you making all their cards to send!!), fun images used. Good to see you have an ever increasing number of followers - you've got a great blog, girl! xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love this manly card.

Daniele said...

just loving this card Dawn love graphic 45 vintage papers.
hugs from Daniele

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant card. I love Graphic 45 papers. Can't go wrong. :)
Congrats on your extra followers your blog is inspiring.xx

2amscrapper said...

Great G45 card

cheryl said...

oh dawn this really is one briliant card,so love the design,so different,and oh so effecive hope you are okay hun thinking of you hugs cheryl xxxx

Cheryl said...

WOW this is BRILLIANT......I love it!!! You always do vintage perfectly!! I hope you are feeling a little better today!!
Hugs xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
A fabulous card,
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Crafting Queen said...

Fantastic card, love it. Anesha

Crafting Queen said...

Thank you the lovely comment on Eva's layout. It is almost three years since we lost her and it has taken me this long to be able to do this album. Have a great weekend. Anesha :)

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Dawn - I always love to come and see what you have been up to - it is always a visual delight! I love this vintage card - your inages are fabulous - love the ticket as well - you are amazing with your vintage cards my friend!! Thanks too for the award - I did post it and told BIG FAT LIES! LOL! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Lynn Stevens said...

Love your collage card Dawn! Great images!

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous card hun, loving that tape measuring tape .. thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is great. Lynne x

Sherry said...

I love the card! As a newbie follower, I think I'll be popping back quite often!

Christine said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. I lost my Annabelle a couple of years ago and sometimes it still miss her all the time.

Your card is perfect for your husbands fathers day!

Blessings,
Christine

Michele said...

Dawn: the father's day card is so lovely! i'm sending love to your house this week. xo.

Chriss Rollins said...

lovely card Dawn always difficult to do a male card.

read your truths or lies and think the I love all my comments is the only one that is true.

read my tand l's on the papergirls

chriss x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Father's Day card! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenges.

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

hi Dawn,

you won a prize on my blog from Jay - the ATC's and prima stuff. Please email me at victoriacanning@hotmail.co.uk with your contact details and I'll pass them on to Jay xxxx

Beth aka BR-T said...

This card is so unique! Beth

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Dawn! So sorry to hear your sad news! x

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! Your tea cups art lovely and what a find!
Warmest Regards! Amy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin