My bloggy pals

Thursday 3 June 2010

Twinchie & Box

A big welcome to my new followers, I have another three in this past week and I do hope you enjoy my crafting journey, I am so amazed I have so many followers and really all the comments make me continue and I really do love sharing my art with you all, thank you for all your encouragement. Thank you very much for all your wonderful comments, yesterday  was amazing, so sweet of you. I got to about 80 of  the WOYWWers yesterday and couldn't do any more! so popular now our Julia and her fabby WOYWW. I will show you my desk and another draw next week! sorry I didn't this week but I thought the post was long enough and I didn't want to make it any longer for you all ;0) I know how long it take to visit so many blogs! so thanx again for sticking to the end lol. Any way thank fully I made this Tuesday! or today would be empty! never end up crafting on a Wednesday any more lol.


I have made a twinchie! I really liked making this twinchie I have made it for a challenge with SCD as May is their B'day month and every week we have to make a twinchie the theme is 'crowns' this week and I think you will see the lion is king here! he he.



It's really quite 3D. I have used Chip board as a base and covered it in dictionary paper aged it  with some DIs, then, added a photo! I use two for a 3D effect I stamped a crown on a paint chip, than added some stickles and glossy ascents to make the crown even more special! I hope you like the effect.

Now On to my box, Do you like it? This was a plain box and I primed it with two coats of primer (gesso)I then painted it in copper cracking paint (see item list) then I left over night to crackle and I love the results you get. I put some design paper (DP)  inside the box (not shown) then I stamped with some black permanent ink heat-set it and then I added a twinchie! I hope you like this I thought I would show it as one post, hope you don't mind. Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Paint, Viva Croco copper and Daler-Rowney gesso. Stamps, Crafty Individuals. (CI) Inks, Distress Tim Holtz and Stazon. Twinchie card stock CI. Photo, CI. Clossy acents, and stickles glitter glue Ranger.  Paint Chip freebie at B&Q dictionary paper stash.

29 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Love your twinchie!!! Great box as well. Anesha

Annie said...

Am I right in thinking a twinchie is a 2" square? I really love your design on this one and your box is just gorgeous.
A x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Dawn
Wow this is fabulous,
hugs Dianne xx

chris said...

Hi again Dawn
this is sensational, and so interesting, love it so much.It looks so much bigger than 2" until you get your fingers in the picture. love the aged feel to it.
hugs chris xx

Joanna said...

Super Twinchie (love the 3D effect, it really works) AND fantastic box! A fab creation, Dawn. xx

Anonymous said...

Fab box! Love your twinchie! x

Karen said...

ooo this box is fantastic...love the way you have painted it and that gorgeous twinchie looks perfect on top XXX

Net said...

Hiya love that box! ATC's are scary things to me - I mean they're so small!

You asked about a link for the copic chart on my blog. I got it from www.oozak.com Its on the front page, click and print, its easy, I mean it must be if I managed it!

Karen said...

Oh Dawn you are a treasure! Thank you so much for the comment on my blog...NOW I know what steampunk is, thank you HUGS XXX

Kathy said...

Oh what a beautiful box and such beautiful twinchies

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Great twinchie Dawn. TFS. Lynne M x

~*~Patty said...

That is quite a treasure box you've created Dawn. Your lion twinchie is really wonderful in every detail!!!
I am not surprised that you have followers, you share so much creativity with us!
oxo

Carol Plume said...

Hello Dawn - your twinchie is lovely and I love the way you've used it to embellish your box - great idea!

Thank you for joining us this week at SCD.

Olga said...

muy bonito, tienes una imaginaciĆ³n!!!
un abrazo, Olga

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are on a ROLL. Love the twinchie and I'm glad you have a use for it. I've never found a use for them. This one is really dimensional. Gotta love it and the copper box, too.

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn! WOW!!! Your Twinchie and your box are incredible, girlfriend! You just keep getting better and better (and you were maazing to begin with).

I'm so, SO happy you're going to join the Compendium Challenge!!! We'll have such a great time.

Hugs,
Linda

Xhanthi said...

This is awesome, I love it! You are always producing such gorgeous work. And thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such wonderful comments!

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous twinchie & box Dawn. Very magical. I'm reading the 3rd Harry Potter book to my 9 yr old at the moment & I could just imagine your box on one of the teachers desks. :D
Thanks for joining us this week. You are a star.xx

cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just brilliant love love it,great design hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Dawn B. said...

This has so much great detail.. Love the image you chose.. Great job Dawn

Cheryl said...

WOW this is amazing and love the distressing.....perfect with that image!!!
Hugs xx

Michele said...

oh my goodness these are quite gorgeous! the twinchie reminds me of something from a fantasy movie, it has a lot of presence. your box is just stellar. i'm learning a lot from you. xo. michele

Unknown said...

I love the lion.......this is my favorite twinchie that you have done! the box is pretty cool too....

Lynn Stevens said...

Kewl box!!! I'm not Lion! LOL

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Dawn, love popping on over here, you really inspire me!

Love your twinchie and little box bot are fabulous! Have a super weekend hugs Heidi xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oooooo, so delightful, and what a great way to "use" it, too!

trisha too said...

Love it all!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fow, that's fantastic. Great idea, to decorate the box with this wonderful twinchie.

Unknown said...

I love the lion and the dimension on your twinchie. Really great.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin