My bloggy pals

Saturday 26 June 2010

Steam Punk!


Hello, how are you enjoying the week end? Sunny again I love it, can you believe though they are applying for an emergency water shortage, I mean floods in Dec, and how many feet of snow in Jan. Feb. and we will shortly have a hose pipe ban as the water is below 40% in the UK, really shouldn't they have more storage? okey doke whinge over but I am sure many in the UK get very fed up of these enforced water supplies when A. we are an Island and B. we get charged so much for the water we use and they get big fat bonuses of millions and we can't turn the tap on! Spain and other hot countries seem to manage we have a few dry weeks and I said whinge over didn't I sorry on to the art!


I am loving playing with the steam punk bit's 'n' bob's I have. This is an ATC with a lovely little technique  from Tim Holtz book of Curiosity's over at Linda's each Monday we are going to play with a technique of Tim's for I think it's 35 weeks  this is week 2 Fragment Basics and on page 62. you can click on the banner in my side bar to join in the fun or on here. I am also going to enter this for Hel's Sunday Stamper challenge, this week she would like to see metal. (Eyelet, watch faces and corners) I would like to tell you how this was done (I'll leave out the Tim bit as we have agreed. Although I am sure we all have the book right?) any way I used some DI with the TH spongy thing (love this tool I have four now) you may recognise the image on the fragment? It's off the wrapping for the Artsy stamps ha ha I have used alcohol inks to colour it in and then you know the rest I am sure.


Next is some Steam Punk jewellery (can you see the lace they are on? this was a beautiful gift from another friend called Lynn I know a few Lynn's Hope you got the thank you card xx) I have used some plain metal pendants and some yummy images (reduced SO small) I have coloured the metal with alcohol inks.  Then added somal watch parts layer of UV gel then more bits and then more gel it gives a better layered look. The top one is a vintage magnet for the fridge ( I keep being told I really must get an esty shop, do you think people would buy my stuff? I'm not so sure lol) and the other is a pendant but I don't know if I will use it as such yet, I may put it on to another piece.


You can see better here some watch parts and some glass beads finish them off I have also used my UV gel to give them that glass clear like finish as well. I am also going to enter these in to Small world of inchies who are asking for steam punk and Hels SS can I post twice? Any way what do you think of steam punk? I quite like it I have to make up a story for the jewellery pieces yet as steam punk is all about industrial revolution, Victorian and fantasy story's to make the pieces more interesting (like the antique road show if you know what I mean). So these are my goodies. I hope you like them, why not give steam punk ago, it really isn't that scary honest. Love Dawn xx


Items Used:- Stamps Artistic Stamper & Paper Artsy. Tim Holtz Distress Inks (DI)s & Alcohol inks Ranger. Pendants, metal corners, beads and watch parts, Altered Element. Watch faces stash.

14 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful ATC, love the colours and great use of your embellishments. Have a great weekend.

Nan said...

I really like your steampunk pieces...works great for this challenge. The jewelry is great!

Linda Ledbetter said...

Dawn, your steampunk art is spectacular! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how you approached the Fragments Basics Challenge with the gears and clock faces. It's awesome (as is all your art)!

Are you going to have an ETSY shop for your jewelry? I think you should! It's fab!

Hugs,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow, really love this, and love your description of the process. You make Steampunk seem more accessible! And the jewelry is to die for! Nice work!

flutterbycrafter said...

Beautiful piece of work, love it.

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous piece of art Dawn, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really love your interpretation of steam punk. Still haven't tried that style, so maybe you have inspired me. Just as soon as I finish a few projects, of course.

cheryl said...

oh these are wonderful pieces of art hun you really are brilliant at these love them hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Kathy Eddy said...

Oh I just love the atc Dawn and the steampunk. Great jewelry too!

Netty said...

Terrific pieces and terrific gallery, wow. Annette x

~*~Patty S said...

You and Steampunk are getting along swimmingly Dawn! Love all of your creations so much!
Happy Sunday!
oxo

Karen said...

WONDERFUL work Dawn...you do such amazing steampunk stuff...love the jewellery my lovely XXX

Lynn Stevens said...

Yeah Dawn, you have joined in the Steampunk craze! Wonderful and your jewelry is just awesome. Don't know how I missed this post.
Thank you for sharing the picture of your little rak, you did find the doll tucked inside right?

Isabelle Norris said...

beautiful!!! love this
isa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin