My bloggy pals

Friday 4 June 2010

Time waits for no man!

I haven't made a card for a while but fathers day is coming up in the UK 20th June so I thought I would get a head start for a change. And it will come in handy for a couple of challenges too! Three Muses this week theme is 'Time' and I have missed participating so much but time doesn't seem to wait for any Woman either! lol I am also going to put this in for Tag it on the theme is 'Steam Punk' I am really loving steam punk projects! I probably won't qualify as it's not a tag (sorry but I wanted to show my support) you have had some fantastic themes these last few weeks and I have just had not enough time of late, keep up the fabby work hun.


The DP is just amazing! I could use it on so many projects! So I put this on some card stock, then stamped out an image and stuck this to some ribbon applied a charm through the stamped image and aged the whole thing with distress ink!


I couldn't stop there...... so I had a go at the inside too! the boys call their Dad 'Pappa Duke' don't ask I have no idea but i thought i would put this in the middle (I feel it really personalises for him from them) and then the boys can write what they like. They have seen the card and quite made up with it so I hope hubby likes it too! I am just thinking I suppose I had better make one from me and from our grandson, so maybe I am not ahead after all DOH! ;0) I just changed the font for this post as I think it adds to the steam punkiness Love Dawn xx

Items Used:- Design paper (DP) Graphic 45 & card stock Stampin' Up! Stamps, Paper Artsy & Artistic stamper. Inks archival & distress inks from Ranger. Charm & ribbon in my yummy stash!

30 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Dawn

Hope all is well with you, apart from not enough time of course, think we all have that problem.

Lovely vintage feel here and ideal masculine card.

B x

Joanna said...

Wow Dawn, stunning card - I love everything you've done here. (Fab inside too!). xx

Unknown said...

I really, really like this...at first I didnt really care for the steampunk thing, but I think it has grown on me.....

flutterbycrafter said...

Awesome card, love it

Lindsay Weirich said...

I love it! the whiol "steampunk" movement speaks to my heart!

Jingle said...

This is wonderful!

2amscrapper said...

Love all of the elements on this card!

indybev said...

So glad you found time for us this week. This is a wonderful card. I like steampunk as well, and this is a wonderful example. Very nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Lynn Stevens said...

Well Dawn, You know how I feel about Steampunk, ohhh Yeah! Great card and perfect for your man!

Karen said...

WOW Dawn...this is sooo smart honey! XXX

Hearts Turned said...

Great card for your hubby, Dawn! I love steampunk, too--just haven't done anything in that style yet.

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Julie

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Dawn, all I can say is WOW!!! This is fantastic, love the inside too. Thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi xx

Taluula said...

Dawn, I am always in awe and amazed at your beautiful pieces and this card is absolutely stunning. I just love all those lovely layers and the composition is spot on. Thank you for joining in this week and for sharing the process too.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Any Father would be proud to receive such a card and proud to have a daughter who created such a card. Lynne x (I'll be in touch soon)

Sandy said...

OMG this is stunning.
Unbelievable work. Love your play with time.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card
Dawn
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Dragon said...

Fabulous Dawn... SO glad to see you back here honey... I expect that a ribbon attached as a tag would look daft for your dad!!! So I will pretend it is there and thanks for your dream!!
Hugs Hugs
Frankie
xx

Anonymous said...

A wonderful masculine card Dawn! Love the steampunk look of it! x

indybev said...

What wonderful pieces of time! Thank you so much for sharing them with us. Beautiful work.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Wow, that's a gorgeous card, Dawn!! I'm catching up with your blog - so many beautiful projects!!

trisha too said...

VERY nice card!

:)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I noticed that blogger had some new fonts you could use, but I didn't want to mess with the html. I do like yours, though. I also like your challenge piece. Steampunk is something I have yet to try, but I sure like your take on it.

Darcy Marshall said...

love that card, everything about it, the colours and the steampunk style, especially the steampunk style.

Hermine said...

Great card

Ozstuff said...

Dawn, it is wonderful to see you at the Three Muses, especially with such superb artwork. I love your Father's Day card. It is quirky, whimsical and clever. Stunning stuff.

LivArtNow said...

WOW, how cool is this!!! LOVE your card Dawn, great details and design!! Lucky hubby :)

Linda

Linda Ledbetter said...

Darlin', that is steampunk PERFECTION!

Michele said...

lovely one Dawn! xo michele

Effie said...

Fab card!Lots of lovely details to look at!

ISA said...

I discover this challenge, your work is very nice :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin