My bloggy pals

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Some of hubbys craft and a beautiful tea cup!

Well my wonderful grandson has gone home and I am so tired! so haven't been able to do any crafting as yet! However, I do have some craft to show you! but first the lovely Tea Cup Tuesday pop by to see some stunning teacups, here is mine for this week.



Another beautiful charity shop find, guess if I wanna play again I had better find some more he he. I have found something and I am really enjoying drinking out of them too.

Edited to add (The mark on the bottom of the tea cup is a crown with the makers name AYNSLEY England bone china c957) I will start photographing the bottoms as well. thank you for all your lovely comments and hubby is so chuffed with all your lovely comments too! (if this art of his carries on I may have to share my table (perish the thought) oh he may have to get his own blog! lol) thank you all again I knew I wasn't being just bias they are really good bowls and yes one of them is an original Beatles record the other was a special Beach Boys but both were very scratched second hand buys!

Now onto my crafty goodness, while I was on my crafty weekend hubby decided to make something quite special (well I think so anyway) I was talking about altering things (like you do) and he warned me to stay away from his oh so precious collection of VINYL with a sweet smile face lol my hubby has been collecting for years sadly his original collection (from child hood no less) was stolen and he had to restart all over again.




He decided to make some thing him self with a couple of I hasten to add (damaged) albums and here is my cleaver hubby's efforts! I think they are really special. He heated them in the oven and while still pliable moulded them with his own two hands, so it just goes to show that crafting is truly addictive and my DH is often giving me ideas and seeing things in charity shops and saying "can you use this"?  or "this would make a great project"! so there you go I hope you have liked my little post today, I am going to try and get back into some sort of crafting routine and make something I have missed it but I am a little worse for wear so bear with me if I take a wee while to get back into my regular posting and commenting on all your wonderful projects too I am trying to catch up honest. Love Dawn xx

26 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hello Dawn, what a striking Teacup you have for us today! Beautiful! I especially love the pink rose on the inside :)

Happy Teacup Tuesday!
Warmest, Brenda

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Dawn loving that beautiful teacup I am afraid it would be packed up somewhere safe if I had it or it would get broken especially if my son touched it lol. As for your hubby's creativity wow...he is good isn't he I would never have thought that was an old record unless you had said hope he keeps it up and we can have more peaks at his work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

Hi Dawn
Love,love,love your gorgeous tea cup,though it looks too nice to drink from.....lol....WOW love what hubby did and how nice is that,he is crafting with you in his own way!! Enjoy your week.
Hugs xx

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

That is one stunning tea cup!!

I love the contrast of colors!!

Debbie

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Long Distance Hellos Dawn!

What a beautiful teacup! Someone else is featuring black with roses too and I think I'm hooked and am going to have to find one for myself!
I remember making the melted record bowls when I was younger and you've brought back a fun memory! That looks like a Beatles album?

Thanks so much for sharing your treasure and hubbies crafting too!!

Lynn

Pellie / Penny said...

Your black teacup is stunning and the rose inside is so beautiful. Such a wonderful find - Lucky you.
And your black Vinyl bowls are super cool. Your hubby did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Penny

~*~Patty said...

gorgeous tea cup indeed AND brilliant use of old vinyl!
those bowls rock :)
oxo

Appleshoe said...

Beautiful Teacup. Who is it made by? I have a similar teacup. http://appleteacup.blogspot.com/2010/02/taylor-kent.html
Take care.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Now you have one talented hubby...his idea is sooooo COOL!

Blessings,
Linda

Denise@alloverroses said...

I love tea cups that are black with roses. I have a couple myself. There is just something about the pink roses with black that is so striking! Yours is beautiful! Mine inspired me to buy a rug for my dining room with a black background I never thought I would!
Denise

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That tea cup is gorgeous. I can't find anything like it at my local thrift shop. You are very lucky.

Speaking of lucky. It is a truly happy union when your spouse not only "gets" your art, but creates some of his own. You are truly blessed and your bowls really "rock."

Looks like lots of my bloggie friends are doing the Tea thing today. Happy Tea Tuesday.

Karen said...

Thats a beautiful tea cup...love the black & pink!!!

But oh oh oh I LOVE what your hubby has done with his vinyls...I would never have thought of that...they make amazing bowls!!! XXX

cheryl said...

oh love the tea cup hun and as for your hubbie wow he is clever really love what he has done great idea hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Daniele said...

what a pretty tea cup... I know what you mean about being tired, when I've had my grandson for the day, which is actually most days I'm shattered, so good to give them back so you can recharge you battery ready for the next visit
hugs from Daniele

Theresa said...

Such a lovely rose inside the cup! The vinyl bowls are divine, I love the retro feel of them~
All my best, Theresa

Chris said...

Hi Dawn sorry I haven't managed to pop by in a while... naughty of me to go awol!!
I've missed so much that'll teach me lol

Love love love your teacup.. what a find it's beautiful!!

Seems you have a clever hubby too... love what he did with the vinyl but you better hide your crafty bits cos you never know he may get bitten by the bug :D

hugs
Chris xx

JulesinParadise said...

Love your hubby's work with vinyl! and your tea cup is beyond lovely!

Kim Dellow said...

Stunning tea cup, so delicate. Love the record fruit bowl that is fabulous. Kim

Terri said...

I love your tea cup! This is the second black one I have seen today. I have one myself, and I think they are special. Yours is very lovely.
Wow, what a crafty husband!
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Wow! I want that tea cup! It is so beautiful. I will have to go look for one on Ebay, it is stunning. I also love the bowls your husband made from LP's. Are they for sale? They are so clever. Have a wonderful week. (Look at me wanting everything you have, sorry!) Blessings, Martha

Kathryn said...

Dawn Dahling! I know what you mean about getting back "to it"! Ah, but, the family does take first doesn't it. So was my week and weekend! You are blessed to have a DH that "gets IT". I know cause I have one too. Are they not the best!?!
hugs
kat
p.s. that is the sweetest little sweetie of a grandson!

Joanna said...

oops, thought I'd left a comment but it doesn't seem to have actually left my head! Another gorg tea-cup, where are you gonna put them all?! And as for that husband of yours, you'll have to get him a shed to do his arty stuff in. All men should have a shed - Grant does but he says it's stuffed full of all my 'I'll do them one day projects'!! Hope your energy levels are on the up, xxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

So glad he only used damaged vinyl hehe. They look fantastic :)
Beautiful teacups Dawn :)
Anne xx

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Gorgeous tea cup. Don't drink tea but still know a stunning tea cup when I see one. Lynne x

Anonymous said...

hello !!!
i'm writing from france. I love your hubby's crafting idea with LPs !!! it's great ! will tell mine about it ! it's a brilliant idea.. i hope you didn't damage your oven in the process...lol....
i think i've got a cake dish myself like your rose tea cup, got it at a second hand sale in Brighton !!!!
i've got a tablescaping blog so if you are happy with popping and having a look at it, you are welcome...My husband is English but i'm a frenchie...lol...
See you
dom
www.doms-tables.over-blog.com
have sjut posted a table about spirits of nature....

parTea lady said...

That is a beautiful cup and saucer. I love that dark outside and gorgeous rose inside.

Your hubby's vinyl bowls are great - really unique.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin