My bloggy pals

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Distressed!

"And now for something completely different" as Monty Python would say lol. This is SO out of my normal comfort zone but I always love the look of this type of card but never had the courage or confidence before. So I thought NO I want to have a go. So yesterday I went shoping found some Tim Holts inks Crackle paint some alcohol & Distress inks and some gesso (I kept seeing it mentioned) and went for it. I also went to a book shop (second hand) and found a fench book (written in french) so I thought humm only £1 so I gessoed it and put some cracle paint on it too! it was so much fun I can tell you. I had the stamps already also some K&Co DP and sticky accessories. I am sure I have a lot to learn regard this type of media but I am quite thrilled with my 1st attempt, oh the photo was a freebie of craft stamper web site. Did you notice no Stampin' Up! I have a secret, I couldn't stay away completely and used my trusty SU distressing tool ;-) so what do you think? do you know of any sites where I can get some more help? I would love to know. thank you so much for looking. Love Dawn xx

5 comments:

Jess's Crafty Things said...

Dawn I love the layering and the vintage image

Dazie said...

This is absolutely stunning, out of your comfort zone, I don't think so!!!! its simply perfect looks like you have been doing it for ages!

I love it!
Dazie
x

Crafting Queen said...

This is wonderful! You put it all together so well. Have a look at http://saturdaysworkout.wordpress.com/
you will find links to some great techniques.

Anesha :-)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful :)

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh, now I would love to receive this, its stunning! I agree, it looks like you have been doing it for ages!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin